20 Gal. Long (New Tank)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Absolutely. I only use liquid co2 which is cheap and effective.

Do you have to put the co2 set up in the tank to make it work. I don't think I want to bother with that. Are the ones you recommended pretty easy to work with?

Pressurized Co2 really comes into play when you have high light but I don't think your gonna go with high light anytime soon. ;)
Pressurized co2 will empty your wallet within a matter of seconds.

Thanks!!! I've been adding new additions slowly as I do not want to make a choices I would later regret. I've been looking at some different center piece fish from my LFS(I have like 5 with in two miles of my house). I thought about the dwarf gourami, very beautiful fish. Do you have any other suggestions that you can think of that would make a good center piece fish?

I also like boesmani rainbowfish, turquoise rainbowfish, honey gourami, and some others.
I would also recommend getting some top dwellers like hatchetfish and some bottom dwellers. That way, you will have fish on every level and be more attractive to the eye IMO.

I also like boesmani rainbowfish, turquoise rainbowfish, honey gourami, and some others.
I would also recommend getting some top dwellers like hatchetfish and some bottom dwellers. That way, you will have fish on every level and be more attractive to the eye IMO.

Bosemani rainbows get pretty bulky and extremely active, turqoise rainbows as well. I really don't recommend them for a tank shorter than 4' long. Threadfin rainbows and spotted blue eye rainbows are more suitable options for a 20. Rainbows also inhabit the top level of the tank - maybe not as exclusively as hatchets, but they are still pretty good "top-level" choices.

Bosemani rainbows get pretty bulky and extremely active, turqoise rainbows as well. I really don't recommend them for a tank shorter than 4' long. Threadfin rainbows and spotted blue eye rainbows are more suitable options for a 20. Rainbows also inhabit the top level of the tank - maybe not as exclusively as hatchets, but they are still pretty good "top-level" choices.

Yeah, I know they get active, large, etc. just telling him what fish I like. But I also don't recommend them in a tank less than 4'. The rainbows I see are almost always near the middle web though they are supposed to be top dwellers. I usually just consider them mid/top fish. Not full top like hatchets.
Omg, how could I forget about threadfins. They are awesome!!

I kinda like the open starkishness to your tank. I think it would look great with a few live plants and/or a centerpiece fish, but I like the open feel of it. A lot of people go crazy with their plants and rocks and all the other decorations...moderation just goes out the window.

I kinda like the open starkishness to your tank. I think it would look great with a few live plants and/or a centerpiece fish, but I like the open feel of it. A lot of people go crazy with their plants and rocks and all the other decorations...moderation just goes out the window.

I think that has a lot to do with my formal training as a architect. Minimalism is something we strive for. I hate clutter personally. But I think I'll introduce some plants in the near future.

Pressurized Co2 really comes into play when you have high light but I don't think your gonna go with high light anytime soon. ;)
Pressurized co2 will empty your wallet within a matter of seconds.

Thanks for the advice the last thing I want to do.

Sounds interesting ill research hatchet fish.

Wow so many great fish to choose from here goes my Sunday.

They are beautiful, but in my opinion, the German ram is better looking. They require the same amount of care. But it is your choice some people like the Bolivian rams because they can have more beautiful fins.

They are beautiful, but in my opinion, the German ram is better looking. They require the same amount of care. But it is your choice some people like the Bolivian rams because they can have more beautiful fins.

They are both very beautiful fish. Ended up going to Petsmart today but in the end I choose the Blue Ram. The fish is only 1 inch or so hopefully will he or she will grow and gain more color. Very interesting side note they kinda of change color a little.

Do you have any advice for care and food?

Will post a picture tomorrow of they Ram.

I have a blushing angel that looks awesome and doesn't mess with my smaller fish.

Back
Top Bottom