20 gal power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThatTetraGuy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys just wondering if the power goes out at my house what do i do about my tank

Depends on how long the power goes out and the size of your tank and the amount of fish you have in it.

In most cases, you can get by with just a battery backup running the air stones provided the tank isn't overstocked and the power will return within a few hours.

On the other hand, if your farming something like 100 full size talapia in a 300 gallon stock tank... Well you better have a generator ready and fuel to go with it.

More details would help us provide better answers to the question.

Sent from my N861 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Actually more worried about my 15 gal which has:

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397181599.102061.jpg

Hope dat helps

With that setup I would say your good for a couple hours with no human intervention needed as long as the tank has been setup and fully cycled.

If you want to play it safe and push your saftey window out further you could invest in a battery backup device like the ones you would use on a computer.

That would hold the tank over for a good while. Just be sure to stop feeding and watch the ammonia levels until the power is restored.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my N861 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom