20 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tobykourtney

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had the stand build for this tank in the diy section but I figured I would share with you guys since it is a nano after all.
First off the stand which is comprised of mostly 2x6's and wrapped in birchwood and stained using gunstock stain.

Then the canopy which will hide the 10 gallon sump directly behind the 20 gallon.

I just got my equipment and lights yesterday this what it looks like as of today.

I'd put the powerheads on the sides, facing each other. What lights did you get?

They are pretty impressive. I have them at 10% right now. I measured par at 20 inches and got 200-250 throughout the tank at 100% on both channels.

It's my first saltwater tank so I'm gonna take it slow and start of with some mushrooms and softies and work up from there.

It's my first saltwater tank so I'm gonna take it slow and start of with some mushrooms and softies and work up from there.

Sounds like a plan. Definitely get some zoanthids! Nice easy coral that grows quick and comes in every color of the rainbow

Will do I'm going to let it cycle til I get back from vacation in June. I accidentally got a turbo snail with my live rock today though and didn't realize it til after I dropped the rock in. Hopefully the little guy makes it.

Wow, you have some serious patience. Good for you! You are definitely doing it right :)

Look into Ricordea's also, pretty much the same care as mushrooms and there are some great color varieties

How long does it usually take for coralline to spread? I have 6 lbs of live rock with 25 lbs of base rock.

Every tank is different for coralline some it takes off like crazy, some can run for years and never really get it

If you mean for just the white base rock to darken up and look a little more that usually takes a couple months

Back
Top Bottom