20 gallon build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a frogspawn. I have one just like it. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yea they gave it to me for 25 since I lived 10 hours away :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I also just bought 11 different kinds of zoas for 129 on ebay. Only problem is he doesn't tell what kind, but I figured for that price it's worth the risk. They should be here tomorrow.

Nice! I'm working on a zoa garden myself. Taking me forever though! I'm definitely looking for more varieties all the time. Once yours arrive and open up, I'm sure some folks on here could help you ID them.

Nice! I'm working on a zoa garden myself. Taking me forever though! I'm definitely looking for more varieties all the time. Once yours arrive and open up, I'm sure some folks on here could help you ID them.

Hopefully, I just got off a month vacations so my water didn't get changed and when I got back my population has doubled. I was expecting the worst.

Seriously? I'm sure you had some major evaporation. Wow, just when I thought missing a water change or two would nuke an entire system lol. Nice to know you had good growth. I don't use a skimmer, I'd be scared to death to leave for a month. Haha nano's make me nervous!

I had someone come do top offs feed the fish and empty the skimmer. He doesn't keep fish tanks though so I felt like if he did a water change it might end badly.

Haha good decision. I was wondering how you pulled off leaving it for a month. Thanks for clarifying that.

Those green star polyps will take over. You may want to isolate them onto a separate rock. I did and it's quite neat looking. Very nice build btw!

I took your advice on the gsp. I had to take a hammer to a rock and rescape the whole tank though lol. I'm going to use the gsp as a foreground. I think it would look pretty cool to have a lawn of gsp.
Here's the tank after the rescape.

I've never seen it like that, should be interesting. You'll be glad you removed it. I accidentally left a tiny patch on some rock in my scape and I'm constantly fighting it back now. Your tank looks really good!
Is that a 40b beside it? That's a finnex light isn't it?

I've never seen it like that, should be interesting. You'll be glad you removed it. I accidentally left a tiny patch on some rock in my scape and I'm constantly fighting it back now. Your tank looks really good!

Yeah it's a ray 2 and the tank is a 75.

I changed it again the red live rock didnt match and it was annoying me. My wife thinks I'm crazy lol.

I've changed mine more times than I can remember lol. That's part of the fun!!
Ive been running the Finnex Fugeray on my 40b for over a year. Nice light. I wish I had room for a 75.

I've changed mine more times than I can remember lol. That's part of the fun!!
Ive been running the Finnex Fugeray on my 40b for over a year. Nice light. I wish I had room for a 75.

I'm moving in February so I'm very tempted to make a 75 gallon reef with a 55 gallon sump.

And you say your wife thinks you're crazy now?? Haha just wait!! That would be an awesome setup. So many options and possibilities!

Got my frag kit in today so I flagged all the zoanthids off the rocks they came on and put them on some plugs. The tank looks alot cleaner now.

I got some palys today. I have no idea what they are but they look pretty awesome.

Back
Top Bottom