20 Gallon (high) suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madison22

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am upgrading from a 10 gal to a 20 gal high. I have 2 mollies both female and an albino Cory. Suggestions on what to add?

You know what I love to see in tall tanks?

Hatchetfish..

I adore the way they all group up right at the water line.

I'd get a school of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hatchetfish might not be the best fish for a tall aquarium, because there is not that much surface space for them to group around. A better fish would be a neon tetra bunch, or a snail (but not at once - the tetra's eat the snails). Alternatively, some other small fish, like otocincluses or danios.

Hatchetfish might not be the best fish for a tall aquarium, because there is not that much surface space for them to group around. A better fish would be a neon tetra bunch, or a snail (but not at once - the tetra's eat the snails). Alternatively, some other small fish, like otocincluses or danios.

Fed up with the same old stuff.
I think Hatchets would be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

it is basic logic - hatchets stay near the surface. a tall aquarium has very little surface/volume ratio, therefore reducing the amount of space the hatchets have. Again, tetras, danios, other mid/low level fish.

Back
Top Bottom