20 gallon long planted. Is it fully stocked??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HustlinApples

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey fellow fish enthusiasts!! I have a 20g long fresh water aquarium.

I have black sand as a substrate, along with African drift wood, and beautiful river rocks for decor.
Stock:

Plants
- Anubias
- Amazon Sword
- Tropica Fern

Fish
- 5 Black Skirt Tetras
- 5 Albino Cory Cats
- 1 Golden Wonder Killifish
- 1 Neon Blue Dwarf Gourami
- 1 Pleco

I wanted to add more fish, I just wanted some I put on which type of small fish would work nice. I was think a school of neons. But would love any input and ideas. Also types of plants that I should add. I’d appreciate any ideas!!

Thanks, HustlinApples

Hey fellow fish enthusiasts!! I have a 20g long fresh water aquarium.

I have black sand as a substrate, along with African drift wood, and beautiful river rocks for decor.
Stock:

Plants
- Anubias
- Amazon Sword
- Tropica Fern

Fish
- 5 Black Skirt Tetras
- 5 Albino Cory Cats
- 1 Golden Wonder Killifish
- 1 Neon Blue Dwarf Gourami
- 1 Pleco

I wanted to add more fish, I just wanted some I put on which type of small fish would work nice. I was think a school of neons. But would love any input and ideas. Also types of plants that I should add. I’d appreciate any ideas!!

Thanks, HustlinApples

Up the black skirts 10, up the corys 10, the killi won't last long, what kind of plec? many aren't suited for any house aquaria. You could do a neon school, 10 maybe. Ditch the amazon sword, go for a smaller variety of sword plant.

I'd say 5 neon tetra would be ok then your pretty much maxed out. Could push 6 neon, 6 black skirt, 6 Cory's but I wouldn't go over that number. As far as the pleco goes, if it's a bristlenose then I think it's fine. Anything bigger is to much.

I'd also bump your filtration up to about 3X to 4X your tank size. So 60-80 gal filter

I'd also bump your filtration up to about 3X to 4X your tank size. So 60-80 gal filter

I’m running a hob aquarclear graded for 55 gallons. I have a 110 aquaclear, but that would push everything around [emoji23]

Up the black skirts 10, up the corys 10, the killi won't last long, what kind of plec? many aren't suited for any house aquaria. You could do a neon school, 10 maybe. Ditch the amazon sword, go for a smaller variety of sword plant.

Why won’t the killifish last? He seems to be doing fine. Been alive for 4 months. I feed him baby crickets. He loves them.

I'd say 5 neon tetra would be ok then your pretty much maxed out. Could push 6 neon, 6 black skirt, 6 Cory's but I wouldn't go over that number. As far as the pleco goes, if it's a bristlenose then I think it's fine. Anything bigger is to much.

Yea I’m sticking with 5 skirts, I tried twice adding a 6th and they reject him. I do like the neons. What about rummy nose tetras?

If it filters up to 55 gal it should be good. I'd go a little more personally if your going to push the max stocking for the tank. 6 rummy nose would work too.

Back
Top Bottom