20 gallon restocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noviceafter2yea

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 20 gallon that is cycled. It currently has
1 snail
1dalmation Molly
2 platy - 1 male and 1 female
3 bleeding heart tetras
2 julii cories
1 male guppy

My other female platy died and I understand it is supposed to be. 2 female to 1 male ratio. Is this true?

I know I need to increase the amount of cories and tetras.

Also, I have 10 platy fry in my 5 gallon QT. I am cycling a 14 gallon tank to house more fish (was really wanting to get some small glowing ones) and return my 5 gallon to its intended hospital/QT use.

Any suggestions on how to allocate the fish between the two tanks and any suggestions of peaceful, glowing fish that would work if I have the space?

Thanks.

Green Neons
Sundanio Axlerodi - Neon Blue
Glowlight Tetra
Celestial Pearl Danio (CPD) aka Galaxy Rasbora

Cool, thanks for the information. Since my post, the other female platy had 12 more fry. Nooo! I am trying to give some away, but so far, no takers. I was at a fish store last night and actually contemplated buying another 5 gallon tank for these new fry. I can't have these siblings begin to breed with each other. I don't want genetically-challenged fish, not to mention any more platys.

I like your suggestions and will probably act on them once I can move the platys out and separate the male and female. I hope that is not cruel to do to them, and I hope she doesn't have any sperm on reserve!

You can try a young electric blue ram :)

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom