20 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sbland26

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone know a peaceful cichlids that would go in a community tank? Looking to get one more fish and heard that cichlids are fun to have.

5 Neon tetras, 5 Rasbora harlequins, a rainbow shark, 2 otos, and 2 kuhli loach.

I agree I wouldn't put cichlids in there your tank is already full anyway

I have a marineland penguin 150 biowheel. 25 percent water change per week. I know my tank is pretty well stocked but it could hold one more smaller fish.

I have a marineland penguin 150 biowheel. 25 percent water change per week. I know my tank is pretty well stocked but it could hold one more smaller fish.

Sounds like your doing a good job at maintaining your tank. I wouldn't add any cichlids though... Do what you will though... The fish you have pretty much has your tank maxed out IMO.

Your rainbow shark needs at least a 55g and gets 6" your Kuhlii loaches get about 5" and need a bigger tank.

I'm not gonna lecture you on your stock. Simple advice and my opinion.... Don't add anymore fish.

Last edited:
5 inches? Wow I was told 3 inches for the loaches. I agree though it's pretty well stocked. And with the rainbow shark, by the time it gets that big my plan was to upgrade to a large tank once we buy a house. I want to go way up like around 100 gallons.

5 inches? Wow I was told 3 inches for the loaches. I agree though it's pretty well stocked. And with the rainbow shark, by the time it gets that big my plan was to upgrade to a large tank once we buy a house. I want to go way up like around 100 gallons.

Sounds like a good plan!! I'd keep it the way it is and just keep doing what your doing. It's working for ya so keep it up.

Got any pics! We LOVE pics around here lol

Haha here's a pic taken from my phone a minute ago. My beautiful rainbow shark playing in the sand.

Attachments

• image-3998933459.jpg
    image-3998933459.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom