20 Long Sump/Refugium Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JsQuid

Aquarium Advice Freak
Good evening you all, here is my current set up and design for my upcoming project. The display tank is 40 gallon breeder! Please offer any advice or concerns with the effectiveness of my design. Once again, thanks!:)

Attachments

• squid.jpg
    squid.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 82
Try a quite one pump and not a mag 7. I have heard good reviews on the quite one pumps. I have never owned one but I do own a mag 7 and it is extremely noisy. I have the same set up on my 30 gallon sump.

I'm sure it's just a bad drawing but just incase...make sure the baffle entering your chaeto is shorter then the first bubble trap baffle.

Exact same setup as me. I'm running a quite one. And I like it. Also make your first baffle taller than the rest. So your not constantly fidgeting with your Skimmer to account for evaporation. ( I did not and I regret it)

I will definitely:) change the height of the first baffle! Thanks! Any links on that return pump?

No links, I bought mine used on eBay (2200 model) with a eshopps hob 300 gph overflow. Wish I had actually went bigger on both

I purchased a 700gph overflow kit for my 40 from glass-holes... It looks real nice!

I am going to be doing about the exact same thing with my 40b / 20l tank that will be up and running soon

I have a 20 long fuge with a mag7. Love it! I made my last wall on my bubble trap 3" high to allow for extra water in return side.

Back
Top Bottom