20g convert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
Converting my 20g FW into a SW, i am gonna wash out and drain the tank tonight, and add the water tommarow. The filter i have in the tank is a aqueon QF 50 and is 250gph, is this enough flow? Or should i add a hydor koralia 425 also?

My stock ideas are-
Yellow watchman goby and a tiger pistol shrimp, 2 clowns from my 37, a lawnmower blenny (once the tank is mature), and a harlequin bass. And some invertabrates- 2 C.porcelain crabs, 8 scarlet reef hermits, 5 asteria snails, a couple other snails (red bandit,turbo,nassarius)

I will be seeding this tank with 10lbs of live rock and filter media from my other tank. How should i clean the tank? Will a good rinsing be enough?

Thanks!

How deep of a sand bed will the shrimp/goby pair need? I have 20lbs of live sand, is that enough? Cleaned out the filter,heater, and drained the water in the tank. Now just gotta wait till tommarow to wash it out.

May cut out the H.bass for a chromis, could i do a anthias? Dispar? It would add i splash of pink and orange...

I'd keep the clowns in the 37 gallon. A 20 gallon is not large enough for 2 of them. My pistol shrimp eats whatever it can get ahold of. He's even stole a whole seaweed grazing block and took it into his hole

I'd keep the clowns in the 37 gallon. A 20 gallon is not large enough for 2 of them. My pistol shrimp eats whatever it can get ahold of. He's even stole a whole seaweed grazing block and took it into his hole

Its a 20 long, everyone ive asked has said they are fine in a 20. Hmmm do you think he could eat hermit crabs?

I think a 20g is just fine for a pair of occelaris clowns. Although I wouldn't put them in anything smaller.

Well guys all that is going in today is the water and sand. The lfs isnt open and the only rock i have spare is one with a big brain coral on it. (i hate brain corals) i may use it anyway though. The salt hasnt dissolved after 2 days, i guess this is what i get for useing instant ocean.

Back
Top Bottom