20g planted tank - any angelfish that would do well?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flyjawn

Aquarium Advice Activist
i'm just wondering if there are any angelfish that are small enough to do well in my 20g Tall?

I've only got a couple of Peruvian Rams in the tank right now and i'm trying to figure out my next fish.

thanks in advance.

all angels get to large but if u get a baby then have a larger tank to move it to u will be fine. i have successfully kept and angel in my 20 tall for a while but i had to move it out.

In my opinion a single angelfish would do fine in a twenty. I am note sure how well it would do when coupled with a pair of rams. May be pushing it since cichlids can be territorial.

rich311k said:
In my opinion a single angelfish would do fine in a twenty. I am note sure how well it would do when coupled with a pair of rams. May be pushing it since cichlids can be territorial.
my angels and rams always ignore each other, since they inhabit different strata 75% of the time

But...you don't have them crammed in a 20g...I hope. :D

I don't like the idea of angels in a 20g...considering how tall and big they get...but thats just me.

JustOneMore20 said:
But...you don't have them crammed in a 20g...I hope. :D

I don't like the idea of angels in a 20g...considering how tall and big they get...but thats just me.
nope..75 :D

A 20g tank is a typical size tank in which to keep a mated pair for a breeder. This assumes no other fish and frequent large water changes.
For normal "pets" a 29g is minimum, with 1 angel per 10g as a rule of thumb for stocking. Angels grow pretty fast, and easily reach 4"+ tall in the first year under good conditions.

Back
Top Bottom