20g stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kharrnn

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm currently running a fishless cycle on my 20g and while that's going I'm looking at possible stock. I have a couple ideas, but my favorite is this:

6x Harlequin Rasboras
6x Celestial Pearl Danio
6x Kuhli Loaches
3x Amano Shrimp
4x Nerite Snails

I used the AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor calculator and it puts me at 90% stock level with almost 200% filtration (I have a Penguin 150).

I'm wondering though if this stock looks good for a peaceful tank? Also, do all these species do well in a 20g tall?

Any and all input is appreciated.

That looks live okay stocking to me. I don't know if CPDs will be fine in a 20H, but I know that they will appreciate a 20L too. Keep in mind that CPDs are really timid so you should base the stock around them. Lots of plants, especially floating plants, will help calm them down IMO.

bruinsbro1997 said:
That looks live okay stocking to me. I don't know if CPDs will be fine in a 20H, but I know that they will appreciate a 20L too. Keep in mind that CPDs are really timid so you should base the stock around them. Lots of plants, especially floating plants, will help calm them down IMO.

+1

The cpds will be fine IMO. they are pretty tiny! Lol. Looks like a good plan though

I plan on having lots of plants in my tank. I'll be getting dwarf water lettuce soon so they'll have cover from above as well.

I also want all areas of my tank to be occupied. Meaning, I want a top, middle and bottom selection, besides the shrimp and snails.

Are my selections primarily covering those? I thought Kuhli loaches for the bottom, CPD for top and Rasboras for middle. Are those generally correct?

cpd's will probably spend a lot of time in the middle also, but both they and the rasboras do hang out in the top from time to time. Some sort of small killifish would be better as a primary topdweller if you really find the need for one at some point.

I'll get a pic when I have livestock in there. Right now it's pretty boring with just plants and deco :) And the copepod hitchhikers...

Speaking of which, I have a shrimp tank that is getting overrun with copepods. What can I get that will eat them but leave my shrimp alone?

Back
Top Bottom