210 is down for the count!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ksl1972

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well as luck would have it. I had to move. This included my 210 gal reef tank. Made all the necessary preparations to move had every thing set up and ready to go. Moving tank into new house the dolly jammed in a crack and tank slid off falling 3 inches shattering the bottom off the tank. So need less to say F##k. I luckily had a 65 set up and running in which I was able to put fish and corals in until LFS opened. Some corals and fish did not handle this so well. I and live rock is mostly toast. So now I Am out of a tank. I am no longer going to do that big of a tank. I have decided on a 120 cube. I can reuse almost all of my pumps and plumbing. But. It my lights. I was thinking of going led but man they are pricey. Looking at AI. Any suggestions.

That is terrible news. Is it destroyed beyond repair? If not I would attempt to have a new bottom piece installed.

all you had to do was order a bottom sheet of glass. tempered glass is under $10 a square foot so to repair it it might cost you $120-$150. which is alot cheaper then replacing the whole tank, even with a 120

Hindsight is 20/20. Sorry for you loss! If you are planning on moving again, maybe a smaller tank (or some professional help) would be a good idea.

Your choice on LEDs is:

Expensive computer controlled LED lights that are very cool, but costly

Chinese panels, cheap, but buyer beware. It is what I use, very successfully, but I have them built to my spec. in China

DIY panels, my son just did this using Cree emitters, pretty impressive but you need some technical proficiency. Cheapest option of all.

Much info on LED panels on this forum, everybody has a different opinion on the manufacture, but little disagreement that they are a superior way to grow corals.

Back
Top Bottom