25 gallon stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dwohlge1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well my QT fish in my 25 gallon will be ready to move to my 44 this weekend do I will have an empty 25 gallon tall. I was going to get rid of it but was talked into keeping it by my wife.

I am having a hard time deciding what to use it for. I love goldfish but I wanted to try something new.

Fish I like;
Neon tetra's
Lyre tail Molly's
Bristle nose Pleco
Betta's
Angels
Cory's

Or I can just cave in and get an expensive pearlscale or ranchu from raingarden

be gaol

Dwohlge1 said:
Well my QT fish in my 25 gallon will be ready to move to my 44 this weekend do I will have an empty 25 gallon tall. I was going to get rid of it but was talked into keeping it by my wife.

I am having a hard time deciding what to use it for. I love goldfish but I wanted to try something new.

Fish I like;
Neon tetra's
Lyre tail Molly's
Bristle nose Pleco
Betta's
Angels
Cory's

Or I can just cave in and get an expensive pearlscale or ranchu from raingarden

be gaol

You could do a small school of smaller cories, 2-3 mollies and a school of tetras. Or an angel fish, bristlenose and a school of a larger tetra (angel will most likely eat neons). Or you could do a Betta (depending on it's personality), a school of neons and a bristle nose or a small school of smaller cories.
The only fish I can see that aren't compatible are the neons and the angel. And the Betta depending on is personally.

Thanks for the replies

Edwards36 said:
Corys and tiger barbs or just some african cichlids

are there cichlids that fit in a 25g besides rams?

Look at my profile under the 25 gal it has pics of my african cichlids

Edwards36 said:
Look at my profile under the 25 gal it has pics of my african cichlids

I can't see your profile on the iPhone I keep meaning to load it on my computer :(

The goldfish bug is biting... I am already considering a black moor for my daughter... I am think of redoing the substrate as well

angels are sweet

i always suggest dwarf cichlid, they'll never outgrow the tank and you can have so many. and they have alot more personality than barbs or tetras or other school fish like that

Haven't done anything with the 25 yet, dealing with some SBD issues with my Oranda.

Here he is in his daily Epsom salt bath :)

Attachments

• image-3910316817.jpg
    image-3910316817.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 100
Well my swim bladder issues were fixed on Monday :)

Today we got 6 neon tetras, 3 mollies (2 dolmation, 1 silver), 1 bristlenose.

I think I may be fully stocked?

I'll do some pics tomorrow :) the lights are out because they are still settling in.

Wonder if I could try a Betta?

It's funny because the lfs guy said, "The algae eater doesn't count and you have 15 inches of fish so you can get 10 more inches of fish". I said, "So the pleco doesn't poop"?

Dwohlge1 said:
I'll do some pics tomorrow :) the lights are out because they are still settling in.

Wonder if I could try a Betta?

It's funny because the lfs guy said, "The algae eater doesn't count and you have 15 inches of fish so you can get 10 more inches of fish". I said, "So the pleco doesn't poop"?

LOL! What?! He needs a good talking to and a slap up the side of the head! :p

You could try a Betta. I'm not 100% on what the mollies would be like with one but I can't see a problem. Make sure you have a backup plan incase he/she gets picked on or decides other fish are its mortal enemies.

Yeah I have a Betta in a 5 I might try to move and if he or she( not sure yet) works in the community then I would just get a new Betta for the 5 gallon.

I will wait and see how the neons do. If they are comfortable in a group of 6 I may not up the numbers.

Dwohlge1 said:
Yeah I have a Betta in a 5 I might try to move and if he or she( not sure yet) works in the community then I would just get a new Betta for the 5 gallon.

I will wait and see how the neons do. If they are comfortable in a group of 6 I may not up the numbers.

Good plan. Let's us know how it goes. :)

Back
Top Bottom