25 litre fluval chi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xskoobastevex

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 25 litre fluval chi i currently have one betta fish who seems to be living happily, i was wondering if i could put a female in with him ? i done a bit of research and it seems they dont really get along their companionship only lasts as long as they are mating then the male chases the female away. Anyway any ideas on what to do will he be happy on his own ?

You could try some ghost, amano or red cherry shrimp, or perhaps a dwarf aquatic frog or two. My fluval chi is a species tank of just dwarf frogs, they're a blast :)

I thought about adding ghost or other larger shrimp to my betta's tank. The consensus on my thread on another forum was that even large shrimp would be eaten by a betta, piece-by-piece instead of in one big gulp like smaller shrimp. Unless you have a peaceful betta.

I'm getting two Bettas next week - a male and a female. I will be housing them alone in separate 8 gallon tanks. Bettas do like their humans for company (they are real pets and will play with you) but them again I'm home all day with mine. The two I had a work in side-by-side two gallon tanks were attached to me alone. They hid when other people tried to watch them.

I don't think they care for other fish in their tanks. I had to keep an opaque barrier between the two tanks most of the time to avoid too much flaring and stress.

Back
Top Bottom