25gallon post rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cole_russell

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406874152.703417.jpg
As the title mentions I just rescaped my 25g. I'm feeling as though it's looking a bit plant less as I'm going for a heavily planted tank. What would be some cool plants I could float and a good foreground plant. Currently I have a
Bulb with two small leaves of the red lotus in the back right, just not tall enough to see (growing out of the bulb which separated from the plant when I first bought it). Any other suggestions are welcomed! On a side note my bronze crypts grew back after completely dying, and as I've started my liquid fert regiment again I'm hoping will grow out. Forgot to mention my light is the current satellite freshwater led plus for 24"-36" aquariums 18v "1000 lumens" "48 6500k white leds" "24 RGB full spectrum LEDs" and the tank is dirted under a gravel cap.

Chain sword or star repens. For a foreground I think would be ok.
Floating-hornwort, anarchis, brazillian penny wort, red root floaters, duckweed, water lettuce.

Val Nana for the background or a fast growing stem plant

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

For some reason when I tried to keep jungle val it all died, it looked like they leaves would get damaged and just melt and they just went one by one until nothing was left.

I'm definitely going to look into the chain swords hopefully my lfs that specializes in plants for fw has it. Out of your experience which floating plant develops the "coolest" underwater structure ie. roots leaves etc.?

Dwarf water lettuce and frogbit are cool too. Just dont get duckweed. I have dwarf water lettuce for sale if you cant find any locally

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

What are the shipping rates for plants I've never tried to purchase them online?

Depends. If its overseas then could be $15 or more even. Depends if you want expedited or one week or whatever. It varies a lot.

I think you need something big, to balance the wood, like an ozelot sword.

You definitely need "more" to be "heavily planted", and I think the other visual thing is proportion. Azmodian pointed me toward an aquascaping article, and I found several more by searching "aquascaping" ... just an hour of reading really helped me create a better setup. The ones that discuss the ratio of 1:1.6 (the golden ratio) help most.

But most basically, get some things that have a lot of visual volume and put them as far away from the wood as possible. Then fill in with smaller stuff.

Yeah that's been the struggle with this piece of wood but yeah I agree the bigger plant far away!

The way I had my wood positioned before didn't leave a lot of space to actually plant so now that I have some more room I'm stoked.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406956865.482303.jpg
The water is hideous right now because I was messing with the plants just a minute ago so please forgive that.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406956965.527256.jpg I just hacked all the bad leaves off this plant and moved it as far from the wood as possible I believe it's an "amazon sword" not positive.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406957063.462792.jpg I moved my sag around to create a tighter frontal grouping.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406957128.834270.jpgIdeally I'd like to propagate the bronze crypts to fill the corner space near the wood.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406957211.366907.jpg in the back right I have a piece of re lotus trying to grow out and rotala rotundafolia near by. I also cleared the back left corner and a portion directly in front of the wood any low lying plants that would not obstruct my view of the caves under the wood would be perfect and something to fill the space in that back corner.

The change is rediculous. Trying to wait for it to clear up before posting pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407041344.029635.jpg
Still not ideally clear, just super excited.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407041388.441873.jpg
"Micro" swords
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407041425.474166.jpg
Chain swords
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407041500.040740.jpg
Hygro
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407041543.083474.jpg
Ozelot sword

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407041600.849603.jpg
Val.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407041632.894622.jpg
Frogbit
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407041785.346720.jpg
Gunna look so good once that val grows out!

Back
Top Bottom