28 jbj noob question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bsdryder7

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i have been reading about people adding purgin and chempure carbon in the back chanmber and i wanted to know why you do ????

i have a chempure carbon that i used for a week in my freshwater tank but it has beeen sitting out for like 3 months ....could i use it??

if you do use both where do you put them......???

I have mine in a media tray in the back compartment of my biocube. The media has to come into constant contact with the water and good flow. :)

It works like carbon in a way, removing impurities from the water and the chemi pure elite is supposed to keep phosphates down.

I wouldnt mix the chemi pure from the freshwater tank over, just pick up a new container, it's like $14

if i wanted to add a refrugm {dont know how to spell it lol) that goes in the center tray where the water oerflows right....is that where i would add the chempure

cool thanks carey i will prob buy that.....do you have sand and rock rubble in your bc??

Nope, i stuck with just chaeto though I probably should add some rock rubble some day/. lol

Back
Top Bottom