29 + 10 planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The spouse and I were talking about increasing filtration. As if it were offended, the motor started screaming. Disassembled, cleaned, still screamed, took it apart again... Dragged the child to Petco to get a new one. We have an AquaClear 50 now, and the flow is pretty intense.

The spouse and I were talking about increasing filtration. As if it were offended, the motor started screaming. Disassembled, cleaned, still screamed, took it apart again... Dragged the child to Petco to get a new one. We have an AquaClear 50 now, and the flow is pretty intense.

I think you sabotaged the filter just so you could go to petco and look at everything haha. I'm not familiar with the aquaclear as it's not readily available in the UK but heard only good things.

I want to go to the not so local aquarium store again this weekend but I'd be pushing it with the missus so we are going shopping instead [emoji17]

In 2 years I trashed 3 HOBs. While I know many who dislike canisters I will never waste money on another HOB again. I rinse out the canister once a month to avoid the pitfalls I have read about. I really need to add a sponge prefilter too.

Last edited:
This Petco has great plants but average fish, and I should hold off on buying plants right now.

I'm so lucky to live in the metro area of a big city!

In 2 years I trashed 3 HOBs. While I know many who dislike canisters I will never waste money on another HOB again. I rinse out the canister once a month to avoid the pitfalls I have read about. I really need to add a sponge predicted too.
I suppose this would have been a good time to switch. Canisters are so expensive, though!

The big names came with a big $$$. I started with a lesser name and so far it has worked out great. IMG_7619.jpg

For a second there i thought i was in my Amazon app, tried swiping left to see more photos of the SunSun. Im using a Penn Plax Cascade 1500, got it on Amazon for 130 currently its 99. My LFS has it for 230. Ive been very happy with this filter. I set mine up with fluval pre filter media, the included bio sponge, seachem matrix, purigen, and inluded filter floss. Water parameters have been excellent. One thing to consider is availability of replacement media for your filter, if you cant pick it up from you lfs in a pinch have extra on hand.

Back
Top Bottom