29 gallon coral and fish suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adamsreeftank

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello i am new to aquarium advice. i have a 29 gallon reef with an 80 gallon hang on the back filter and a 100 gallon skimmer about 25 lbs of live rock and im about to get some more and 40 lbs of crushed corals. also about to install a 20 gallon sump soon. im looking to get some coral soon and would like to stick with beginner coral i recently got a new light that is two t5s with the light relectors built in so my lightings good. i have now a red and purple mushroom that have grown but havent multiplyed they have been in the tank since june. is this common and i got a xenia coral about three weeks ago and it already has about six new heads aswell and thats all my corals. i have a pistal shrimp and yellow watch man pair a coral beauty angel fish, and a royal gramma. i also have a blue damsel and a occ but i am going to get rid of them and get a pair of black and white clown fish. i would like to get another fish but i want something with alot of color.

How about some zoas. After the clowns I don't think I'd add anything. That's a pretty good bioload with the coral beauty in there.

Maybe a bubble coral. The only thing that bothers me is the crushed coral. It does seem to harbor excessive nutrients that fuel nuisance algeas. You might want to think about replacing it with sand.

Back
Top Bottom