29 gallon stocking suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katgrl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, I'm working on cycling my tank but want to figure out exactly what I can get.. Here's a list below, please feel free to suggest any changes.. All feedback is welcome

6 zebra danios
6 Cory Doras
1 bristle nose pleco
2 dwarf or honey gouramis
Nitrate snail
And possibly a shrimp
Any suggestions? ? am I at my limit, can I add more or remove any?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Maybe some platys also?

And otos?

I would add the Otos later. An established tank will have a plentiful amount of biofilm.
IMO I would sub out the zebra danios for a school of tetras. I find the danios to be a bit spastic and they can squabble/harass each other.
AqAdvisor is a great resource in case you have questions regarding capacity and compatibility. Plug in your values and see what recommendations it comes up with.

I've got zebra Danios, platies, guppies, neon tetras and a BN pleco.

I find that platies are the best! They come in many different colors and are so peaceful but also very hardy!

All my fish get along great but each type is same sex so there is no fighting over mates.

The zebra Danios are also hardy and nice in my tank, I've had as few as four with no problems but you should have at least five. They are very zippy and high energy and might freak out slow and easy fish like the gourami but then again they might be fine.

My BN pleco is a great help keeping my plants and tank clean but be warned they poop a ton! I do a gravel vac every week to help get rid of that ?

I double the recommendation for aquaadvisor as it is great for keeping you from over stocking!!

Sent from my E2306 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ooo I have a 29 gal aquarium to! That stock lost can have some extra fish in it. I have a great flit rated planted aquarium with:
1 pair of Kribs
3 Keyholes
4 zebra danios
3 golden wonder killifish
1 apisto Borelli

"Been a fish owner since I was born."

Back
Top Bottom