29g phase 1(cuz u know i m gonna change it...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! It's malaysian dw, didn't leach tannins and sunk without soaking...I'd recommend it if you're ever looking for some.

Ok kids.... Next phase. Got Lotus & Bacopa from Jetajockey, shout out to the bunny! Added RCA & Nerites. Seeing my shy little Dwarf Cory s more. New tanks are a rush, aren t they? Thanks for following.

image-1396230445.jpg

Attachments

• image-1580464387.jpg
    image-1580464387.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image-3848490123.jpg
    image-3848490123.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 73
  • image-4092416368.jpg
    image-4092416368.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 79
Looking good! Tip with the lotus: as new leaf growth comes in, if you trim off all of the runners going up to the surface it will grow more low leaves and stay more of a low bushy plant instead of have the long stems trying to put leaves on the surface...all depends on the look you're going for with it.

Thanks! I do want a lower profile, will do that once it s established. Think it s a little jet lagged right now!

image-3136541076.jpg

image-2187685112.jpg

image-1787977562.jpg

Update! Trees filling out nicely, new nifty shrimp & pair of Apisto s. plan to add some neon Tetras, Tiger Lotus & a spiral type fern. It s all good :).

image-2971316533.jpg

image-691796362.jpg

image-4097371313.jpg

New pics! Done with the inside of the tank, just want to try a frosted background, not sold on the blue. But, like my final stock- 11 Rasboro tetras, 10 Neon tetras, 7 shrimp, 5 Pygmy Cory's, 2 Assasin snails. Here s hoping the new Tiger Lotus don t melt like the first 2 did :).

What did you put on your tree to attach the moss? It is hard to tell from the pics on the first page. Looks like some kind of plastic mesh? That is the best way to attach moss I have seen. I have always just tied it to the branches or rocks and then you always have to mess with it not staying the way that you want.

With your your way, you can't even see the mesh when it grow in. I like it! Very nice tank!

I used Christmas moss , it was sold on a large mesh that is coated with a green plastic? The LFS gave me actual bare small bore wire mesh but I didn t like it because it was too sharp after being cut to size. I think I d try miniature Christmas moss next time but I m happy with how it s filling in.

Ok , now I m done :). Put moss ball parts on instead of the Christmas moss. Too much hair algae on the CM, think this ll be better.
Time to sit back & enjoy!
Plus I have the new 55g planted to obsess over.

image-804880858.jpg

Rodeo one, I have to say if I had a trophy I would give it to you for one of the best tanks I have ever seen I extremely liked your tank I think this has changed my mind to change my tank up a bit very good job definitely in my top 10 list :)

Back
Top Bottom