29g Protein Skimmer Recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking to buy a protien skimmer for my 29g biocube, I would like something for under 50 dollars, any suggestions?

Youll likely need to find a used one if it has to be under $50.00. The aquaC remora nano seems to be a decent one, but they are expensive new. I have seen them go for $50.00 on ebay without the pump. (USED)

Thats really going to be the only option for a skimmer big enough for a 29g tank. You could try the AquaticLife 115 skimmer. Its meant for up to 30g, but likely wont do a great job on anything over 20g. You can get them on ebay for under $50.00. At that price, it wont be such a big deal if it doesnt work.

You may be able to get by without one on a tank that small. Doing a 25% PWC each week will likely outperform the nano skimmers anyways...

$50.00 in salt will probably do more than $50.00 spent on a plastic contraption. ;-)
Matt

I personally dont think you need a skimmer in that size tank. Weekly PWC`s will accomplish the same thing plus replenishing of trace elements in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom