29g stock ideas and bottom protection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sterbai cory are a good choice for a ram tank, since rams like warmer water than a lot of other tropicals. Sterbai is one of the species that can handle a warm tank well.

Thanks
I'll drop to 2 x Ram.

put in a small school of something to add more movement to the tank.
Like what?
Guppies and Neons will be eaten by Angel :(
Maybe add to 8 x Cherry Barb? (or more?). Or there is another small and safe for Angels fish that I can keep in group of 8 or more?

Cardinal Tetras would probably work as long as the angel is small when you get it, and the cardinals are a decent size.

I think Cardinal Tetras is less hardy compare to Cherry Barb. Maybe I'm wrong.
I'm not to experienced, so better to buy something more hardy.

Cardinal Tetras CAN be finicky, but as long as you take care of them right, and buy them from a good source, you should be fine.
As long as you have a good size school of the Cherry Barbs, I would *think* they would be ok with the Angels.. Barbs can be a bit nippy, though I think Cherry Barbs are one of the less nippy species.

So, the final list will be:
1 x Angel
2 x Ram
4 x Sterbai Cory
10 x Cherry Barb
3 x Snails

I'm not overstocked for 29 gallon? 20-25% water changes/week is OK?

How do I need introduce the fish? With one first and how many? I'm 100% sure that I cannot put them all together. Maybe Angel first, after some days Rams, after some days Cory and finally Cherry Barbs (all together)?

Unless you have wild caught or Altum angels neons will not automatically get eaten. If you start with small angels and raise them with small fish they usually leave them alone once they mature. I put 25 less than 1/2" cardinals in my tank with 12 large adult angels and had no problems. I actually keep mostly smaller fish with the angels. My Rachovii killi females are very tiny.

As for other fish you can do neons, glowlight tetra's, harlequin rasbora's, or rummy nose tetra's just to name a few. I

I'd do the Cherry's first if you go with them, then the cory's, and the angel last. Don't add the GBR for about 4 months as you want your tank to be mature and stable. Also keep nitrates low, 20ppm or lower as rams are sensitive to them. One other thing, personally I'd do a 50% WC weekly simply because you know your water quality and nutrient levels will always be kept low and in check. I do 50% WC's on all my tanks weekly including my 220g tank.

Thanks!

So, first ill plant my tank as those fishes like a planted tank, second ill add my fishes as described.

There is any reason to make the water softer? (from ph 8-8.2). Add couple of driftwood is enough or better to add peat moss to my filter?

Can I replace German Blue Ram by more hardy Red Breast Smiling Cichlid or Red Breast Smiling Cichlid? They are really more hardy and newbie friendly?

Thanks!

So, first ill plant my tank as those fishes like a planted tank, second ill add my fishes as described.

There is any reason to make the water softer? (from ph 8-8.2). Add couple of driftwood is enough or better to add peat moss to my filter?

You can add DW if you want but not all DW releases tannins that can help soften water. Personally I'd just leave the water alone as most all fish can acclimate to the water they are kept in.

As for the the fish question I personally can't tell you as I have never kept that particular cichlid.

Apple Mystery Snails are great. They are good a cleaning the tank, eat algae, and lay eggs above the water line in neat little packets that are easy to remove and dispose of. Easy to keep limited. You do not get more unless you purposely hatch the eggs. I like my ramshorn too. Cute, eat algae and can be kept under control by just not over feeding. They also stay relatively small and do not clutter up the look of your tank.

Apple Snails will increase load to my aquarium?
1 x Angelfish
4 x Cory catfish
2 x Bolivian Ram
10 x Cherry Barb
3 x Apple Snails

Isn't too much?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom