29gal Fowlr brown algae. CUC on the way!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShooterRick

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yes! Reef Cleaners notified me today that my clean up crew was on the way and none to soon! I have began to develop quite a bit of a dark brown algae on the rock and substrate as well as the glass. funny thing as I cleaned the glass tonight my maroon clown kept chasing the pad all over the tank and taking bites at it from time to time. Aggressive little dude!

My water test numbers tonight are: Ph 8.4, Nitrites Amonia Nitrate all at undetectable levels. Specific gravity is 1.024.

I love having moonlights and I am running 96watts of 2 daylight 12ks and 2 true actinics . 9 hrs a day with the moon lights coming on before and after those by 3 hrs on each end.

My CUC is buisy at work and I will be doing a 5 gal. water change this weekend. I am switching to Reef Crystals for salt. I anchored my macro algae with marine epoxy to some lace rock frags and recieved a starter of pencil cap macro from Reef Cleaners. YOu all were correct. They overpack their orders with critters. LOL I would say about 10% of my diatom problem is cleaned up already.

Back
Top Bottom