3 gal picotope (build thread!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm trying to think of how I got rid of it.. I think I threw a bag of phosguard with chemipure elite in my filter and that did it. With frequent water changes. But I know you already do the changes. If you had a bigger tank you could add in a lawn mower blenny

I just added a blue leg hermit, and I think I'll add a bag of phosguard to the filter. Good idea! I thought about a lawnmower blenny, but they are just too big.

I'm trying to think of how I got rid of it.. I think I threw a bag of phosguard with chemipure elite in my filter and that did it. With frequent water changes. But I know you already do the changes. If you had a bigger tank you could add in a lawn mower blenny

+1. That along with pulling out as much as you can manually should take care of it

I just finished pulling out tons of gha -- it looks much better. Soon I'll add the phosguard, as I did find 0.25 phosphate today.

Ahhhhh so excited! I just added another 9w picotope light, after two weeks shipping delays, and I can't believe how much of a difference it makes! The hammer, candy canes, and acans are looking a great deal better. Also, the xenia has stopped reaching and finally looks happy :). Please feel free to check out the photobucket album for photos! As always, thanks for looking.

Your tank is absolutely stunning. I'm thinking of setting one up. How much have you spent on the tank all together? Not including Corals or the Clown Goby?

Thanks!

Here is what I estimate I spent on the tank:

$80 for initial reef equipment like hydrometer, thermometer, salt, test kits, etc.
$190 for tank, light upgrade, fuge, filter media, powerhead, etc.

And even though you didn't ask, I think I have spent about $180 on livestock.

Why did you decide to add a fuge? For extra biological filtration?

I'll probably just upgrade the filter, to an AC10, and ditch the fuge. Other then that, it sounds great!

Why did you decide to add a fuge? For extra biological filtration?

I'll probably just upgrade the filter, to an AC10, and ditch the fuge. Other then that, it sounds great!

The fuge is for both extra mechanical and chem filtration (purigen/carbon), as well as growing chaeto. Plus it adds a little extra water volume ;).

May I suggest the ac70, as it isn't too much more expensive and would prob give you all the flow you would need. Also, you could create a really cool fuge with the ac70, if you still wanted one. Just a thought. Please let me know if you start a tank thread, I'll be happy to subscribe!

Yeah, I've seen people create some pretty cool tanks with them. The filter creates all the flow you need, which I think is a cool bonus.

Back
Top Bottom