3 gal picotope (build thread!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok awesome thx I want one of those eventually I have a marine land 6000 k 400 lumens light would that support a LPS?

Thanks for asking about my hammers they're my favorites :)

I don't think a 6000k light can support much coral at all, and def not lps. We're talking about leds right?

Wat kind of corals are those the 1st and the 4 th I really like those

The first pic in that upload is a neon green toadstool. That pic is from about a week ago before I took it off the frag plug and glued it to the rock. It's still a little 'miffed' at being scraped off the plug, but it's starting to extend a little more now :)

From what I know, you have to have enough wattage and the right color temp. Basically, the intensity and the spectrum.

For example, on my 3g pico, I have 2 9w 50/50 fixtures. In total, that's like one 18w fixture, with half actinic and half 10000k.
What are the specs on your tank? The amt and kind of light you need depends on the tank height, types of coral, and water volume.

Wow!! Two days ago I gave away mr turbo snail (aka poop machine) and my nitrates have dropped to 0 with no WCs! I think it really helped!

My favorite feeling is seeing the "triple zeros" while testing :) even though I don't test much ever for nitrite/ammo.

I would test nitrate again because there's no other way for them to get out if your system with out wc's.

I would test nitrate again because there's no other way for them to get out if your system with out wc's.

Thanks Red, I had them tested at my LFS an hour ago, and I just tested again with my kit to confirm the result.

I still do frequent (every two/three days) wc's, and I know that's the best way to maintain healthy params. However, can't chaeto also help reduce no3? (Please excuse my relatively low knowledge of chaeto... I mainly added it because it was so cheap, and I have the space for it.)

Thanks Red, I had them tested at my LFS an hour ago, and I just tested again with my kit to confirm the result.

I still do frequent (every two/three days) wc's, and I know that's the best way to maintain healthy params. However, can't chaeto also help reduce no3? (Please excuse my relatively low knowledge of chaeto... I mainly added it because it was so cheap, and I have the space for it.)

Ya it helps a little but if your doing such frequent wc's it sounds about right

Update! Today I picked up yet another pico 9w fixture, a stunning ricordea, and an orange monti for only $20!

Back
Top Bottom