3 gal picotope (build thread!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi again,

I have a slight problem. I have so many copepods/amphipods on the glass that the whole tank looks dusty and covered in small specks. What should I do? The are always on the glass, all day every day and they are obviously multiplying extremely fast. With one clown goby already in there, getting a fish that eats them is an impossibility. I know that some people wish they would grow faster, but I really don't have a use for them -- they just cloud up the glass. What should I do? Could I trap them? Thanks!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390141547.256856.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390141574.941057.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390141628.476107.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390141698.613061.jpg

More coral! Got them all for $9 from a guy who was moving this weekend.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390227396.584380.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390227334.597045.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390227372.766818.jpg

Wow. I really like the tank. I think I might start one. I'm a big fan of Nano but never though of a Pico

Thanks! I really love doing this pico, it's really fun as my first reef tank. It's definitely not as hard as some people will tell you (just keep up on water changes and use high quality equipment.) I actually haven't mixed saltwater since I set up this tank, I've just been doing WCs with water that I get for free from the lfs.

Without any livestock, it was prob about $220, with livestock more like $270. I've heard some people spend way more, or way less, but this was my first reef tank and I'm trying to do it right the first time ;).

I was actually originally planning on spending less, but that was before I realized all of the equipment I had to buy because it was my first saltwater tank (test kits, hydrometer, thermometer, air pumps, salt, mixing buckets, and a turkey baster.)

Hi again,

Do you guys think it's ok to have the refuge open like this?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390363346.857445.jpg

A cheap light upgrade you could do would to be a toms refrugium perch light, I have one that's like 13 watts + stock light and I can keep lps very happy.
They're like 20 bucks or so I think.

And the open refugium is probably good for oxygen diffusion.

Back
Top Bottom