3 gal picotope (build thread!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haven uploaded many test results, so here are some

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Phosphate 0.25
Calcium 470
Alkalinity 14
SG 1.026

Got some new corals today... Anthelia and green star polyps. Anyway, I know that corals can be sad looking after transport, but my Anthelia looks pretty bad. It is very gray. What do you guys think? Is he dying? Thanks for your help!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390517085.803414.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390517098.349362.jpg

Yeah lps! I actually have some montipora in aswell.
Here's a fts and a top shot showing lights and lps

Attachments

• image-2631838684.jpg
    image-2631838684.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 147
  • image-1815923690.jpg
    image-1815923690.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 138
Whats your stock at the moment? And wheres your live rock from?

Right now I have

- a zoa colony

- Anthelia frag

- green star polyps

- rhodactis mushroom

- pink pulsing xenia

- a green clown goby

- one *small* turbo snail

- TWO peppermint shrimp (see my next post for details)

- a hitchhiker brittle star

- some various small hitchhiker a (bristle worm, collonistas, etc.)

Hi guys,

I have a problem. My dad very thoughtfully bought me a German peppermint shrimp, but I'm not sure what to do. He didn't understand about the possibility of overstocking, and now the little guy is in my tank. My other shrimp, about the same size, is totally cool with him so far.

What should I do? I don't want my fish to be stressed, or increase the bio load too much, or create stress for anyone. Will the extra shrimp be ok? Thanks for any advice!

Right now I have

- a zoa colony

- Anthelia frag

- green star polyps

- rhodactis mushroom

- pink pulsing xenia

- a green clown goby

- one *small* turbo snail

- TWO peppermint shrimp (see my next post for details)

- a hitchhiker brittle star

- some various small hitchhiker a (bristle worm, collonistas, etc.)

I really dont like the thought of peppermint shrimp in such a small tank, their known for eating coral and i had one take out a whole colony of 40 heads of eagle eye zoanthis! Hopefully for you and your wallets sake they dont get an appetite for coral!

Also dingus unless you plan on getting a powerhead (probably will take up the whole tank lol) or upgrading your filter (my penguin 100 works great and produces LOTS of flow) than i would stay with softies and not head towards lps, you will need some decent flow for most.

*my bad the new guy is a skunk cleaner shrimp :D my dad said it was a Peppermint shrimp and I started accidentally calling him a peppermint

I really dont like the thought of peppermint shrimp in such a small tank, their known for eating coral and i had one take out a whole colony of 40 heads of eagle eye zoanthis! Hopefully for you and your wallets sake they dont get an appetite for coral!

Yea, I know some people have had problems with them but so far he's been fine with all the coral in there. I will be watching him though!

Hi guys,

I have a problem. My dad very thoughtfully bought me a German peppermint shrimp, but I'm not sure what to do. He didn't understand about the possibility of overstocking, and now the little guy is in my tank. My other shrimp, about the same size, is totally cool with him so far.

What should I do? I don't want my fish to be stressed, or increase the bio load too much, or create stress for anyone. Will the extra shrimp be ok? Thanks for any advice!

Lol dont worrie shrimp have such small bio-load you should be fine.

Also dingus unless you plan on getting a powerhead (probably will take up the whole tank lol) or upgrading your filter (my penguin 100 works great and produces LOTS of flow) than i would stay with softies and not head towards lps, you will need some decent flow for most.

Thanks fishman, I do have a spare power head I got for free with some coral I bought on craigslist, but it really wouldn't fit like you said. Anyway, I don't think I'll be getting lps for a while if ever, I've got quite enough softies as it is :)

*my bad the new guy is a skunk cleaner shrimp :D my dad said it was a Peppermint shrimp and I started accidentally calling him a peppermint

Much better, was it priced as a peppermint? If so than you saved $20. I got a cleaner for my 3 but left him acclimating to long and ammo started to build up. Clonk! Belly up... (when i said you saved 20$ if it was listed as a peppermint i meant that down here peppermints are 7$ and cleaners are 27$

Back
Top Bottom