3 things...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoCkEyGmC

Aquarium Advice Addict
sorry i have no pics, im having trouble uploading them, and its extremely hard to get any good pics of them anyways.
1. not much i can see of it, but they look like clearish sweeper Tenticals white tips. they started popping up in 2 places where there what we thought were some type of mushroom but now there are no mushrooms where they are.
2. next, is a white slime/gel that is covering about 1/2 of a rock. i didnt think too much of it but now i see almost invisible bubble/blobish things coming out in some places, might just be the same slime but really clean.
3. not really sure how 2 explain this 1, the only thing that i can think of is that it looks like the long mouth of a fighting conch but dark brownish grey, its in a dark spot so it feeds almost all day and night the longest ive seen it get is about 3-4 inches. it curls back up into its self when frightened by a light or shrimp. does'nt really look anything like a hydroid (which i have a few of in my other tank)
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
1. sounds like orange ball mushrooms
2. sounds like sponges
3. sounds like a peanut wo

really, sponges? would have never guessed that. but yea its like a clear/cloudy white slime with small mounds here and there. its one big prbly1/4 inch smooth layer. (thing but not frilly at all)

There are lots of types of sponges, even some like you describe. Peanut worms are harmless janitors.

What type of hydroids are you talking about? Colonial... that look like colonies of little hairy stalks growing out of your rock? Or the other kind that look like jellyfish that are stuck to your glass?

not sure, its about a 2-3 inch long thing with a head tybe bump/ball thing on the end that comes out at night. also there are these little things everywhere on the rock, not sure if theyre normal or not but they look like really small thin branching things almost like some kind of algea but idk, ill get a pic on monday.

Back
Top Bottom