30 gallon clean up crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
My LFS has this clean up crew
30 Gallon Algae Pack
15 Margarita, 12 Blue Leg Hermits, 4 Turbo Snails, 1 Emerald Crab, 12 Scarlet Hermits. $39.99

Does this look like a good deal? Is it enough? Do I need some cleaner shrimp? Please give me some suggestions if I need to add something else. I have a 30 gal FOWLR still cycling. I might get corals a year from now when the tank is established. TIA for everyones help.

As far as a good deal...the price is GREAT. Should be a good crew for a 30gal. Do you have a good amount of LR?

Agreed also on the brittle. I supplement feed mine once a week about a thumbnail sized piece of raw shrimp. It’s not that they don’t tolerate other brittles in the tank, it’s that in a 30 gal both would probably starve to death eventually from lack of food.

Also if you are interested in cleaner shrimp to “clean” then I’d get them but if you want a shrimp that hangs out in view, is quite cool to look at, and has more personality I’d consider a Banded Coral Shrimp. Peppermint Shrimp are fun also but usually only come out of hiding during feeding time.

Back
Top Bottom