30 gallon????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What would you add??? If anything.
Here is my stock:
1 angelfish
1 albino bn pleco
1 siamese algae Eater
1 platy
1 kribensis
2 balloon mollies
5 harlequin rasboras
2 panda cories (I am not getting more cories. For some reason I can't keep them alive. I had 5 of them and they keep dying. Water parameters are perfect. This tank has been up for around a year.)

So what would you add to this tank??? If anything.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Another question is would I be able to get any loaches for this tank??? If so what kind??? Also if I get loaches I would most likely get rid of my 2 cories.

If anything, I'd add a few more harlequin rasboras, but you are pretty well stocked IMO. At least, you will be when those fish reach adult size. :)

If anything, I'd add a few more harlequin rasboras, but you are pretty well stocked IMO. At least, you will be when those fish reach adult size. :)

How many rasboras should I add??

The most I'd add would be like 3 or 4. The platies, pleco, and mollies produce A LOT of waste as it is.

How are your balloon mollies doing with the Angels? We were advised against that mixture. Curious if it's working ok for you?

They are doing great!! They have been together in the same tank for about 5 months now.

I would remove the angelfish, and the pleco. Afterwards i would add more harlequins. What type of filter(s) do you use in that tank?

I would remove the angelfish, and the pleco. Afterwards i would add more harlequins. What type of filter(s) do you use in that tank?

Why? I agree that the tank is heavily stocked, but with a good maintenance routine it certainly won't be impossible to keep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I don't think I'll have any problems!!! I over filter. I have 2 filters. (Aquaclear 30-which is rated for 30 gallons/ and a sunsun canister filter that's rated for 92 gallons. ) I also do water changes once a week sometimes twice a week!

Back
Top Bottom