300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just like quickly depleting the essential elements, doing so with the bad ones can be just as costly. I only have one frag left in my tank because of the nitrate/phosphates dropping like a brick thanks to red sea's nitrate/phosphate remover in tandem with Phosguard.

What is interesting though Greg, is that my larger colonies didn't seem to care less. My acro, hammers, bubble, and duncans couldn't have cared less. The montis bleached some, the frags all died, and the trumpet colony kicked the bucket too. Anemone didn't seem to care.

In reality I think you could use the same argument with not only tangs but with a zillion other animal species,. Fish just being one of them,... Lions, tigers,bears , buffalo etc.
We're all a little guilty here , just be aware and in this general case , bigger is better

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Not just animals but humans as well. I know personally that stress can take a person out of commission.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

See how this goes and I'll let you know Greg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439376085.706357.jpg
This was going back to the discussion about dosing pumps vs calcium reactors

Keep us up to date! This set ups rated to around 4x my tank size so it should last me a while just waiting for a ph probe controller and solenoid and I'll be under way

I would love to see a controlled test between the following, using a high load of SPS but mix in some LPS as well:

Tank 1
Just water exchanges with high quality salt.

Tank 2
Dosing cal/alk/mag solutions, minimal water exchanges

Tank 3
Kalkwasser dosing with minimal water exchanges

Tank 4
Calcium reactor with minimal water exchanges

Same lighting and flow. Wonder what would happen?

I wish I had the spare funds for such a thing. It would be an amazing product if claims true. That is something a company like Ecotech or whoever should see and gobble up to put into production.

If the replacement discs (every 30 days) aren't too expensive, I think it would be deluxe to have 10 different parameters checked almost constantly. You will be able to detect trends. I hate surprises, they are generally bad.

Yeah, that is the greatest thing that I've heard of and was day dreaming about such a thing just the other day. I want to get to a place where I have a dosing system at some point, but have little time to test daily as there are some days where I will work 16 hours. Couple that with a hour drive to and back work...just no time on those days. I'd love to have something like that in my system. Toss it into the sump and be good to go.

Help to fund it. It cost $505 to get one of the first ones. They will be priced probably a lot more when released. I don't know yet.

They don't charge your card unless they meet the $300k they are asking for.

I have looked at the technology and if they can really do this it will be a must have for anyone with a lot invested in live stock. JMO

My set of Hanna meters may be for sale soon!

BTW, being a bit of an inventor myself, Kickstarter is brilliant. Before them, you had to grovel at some rich guys feet and he took 90%.

Last edited:
Yeah. Like I said this is something that if I was the owner of whatever company in this business and would pump money into it. A one set device to manage everything is a dream and if you can get the price right would literally own the market compared to every single test kit available. I might see if I can fork money their way for exactly why you said, have a beta version if it makes it.

Back
Top Bottom