300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I visited my LFS for the first time in quite awhile this afternoon on my way home from work ,.. They had some aquamaxx skimmers that looked like the size of a small trash barrel ,..wow !!! They were huge and beautiful ,... They also seem to surpass " air doug's " numbers .... Expect to refinance something to get one tho,..... Mighty pricey but holy they looked like they were already going 50 mph ,.... I think they were rated for something like 750 gal,.... Ck em out Greg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
My wallet is telling me no while my eyes are telling me yes. I may need addiction intervention.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I visited my LFS for the first time in quite awhile this afternoon on my way home from work ,.. They had some aquamaxx skimmers that looked like the size of a small trash barrel ,..wow !!! They were huge and beautiful ,... They also seem to surpass " air doug's " numbers .... Expect to refinance something to get one tho,..... Mighty pricey but holy smokes they looked like they were already going 50 mph ,.... I think they were rated for something like 750 gal,.... Ck em out Greg

The only thing that could go wrong with the Chinese unit IMO would be the Jeboa pump?
I use Jeboa and feel they are much like Currant (and many others mfgs) who use crappy power switchers(transformers).
Once you outsource a cheaper replacement if needed then the unit still works.

I had to post this while Doug was on.
tPUlcBi.jpg

This was in "coolguys" thread today and I thought of you Greg(and the word monster!!):eek:

Doug would this one be ok?

The only thing that could go wrong with the Chinese unit IMO would be the Jeboa pump?
I use Jeboa and feel they are much like Currant (and many others mfgs) who use crappy power switchers(transformers).
Once you outsource a cheaper replacement if needed then the unit still works.
Yes, but you need to be sure the pump you use will have the air draw your skimmer, and system deserves. That said, worst case scenario, how much will this skimmer be once you replace the pump with a kick azz one?

After seeing what they are using for the largest unit(the 800) is the jeboa 6000, I think I might not be far off with using my jeboa 12,000 for my mtc?
Wouldn't increasing the flow also increase the venturi?
I realize the in/out ,air flow mix is more complex, but in my case (sorry greg) I run an alita 6a linear air pump through ozone unit(driers..)and have the venturi wide open.
My outflow(huge 1 1/2 gate valve) is still not wide open so I might get more air /contact time and flow with a stronger pump.
the jeboas are 1/2 the price of blue lines that are equal.
To knock on jeboa myself I think that "in sump PS" is the perfect application for these pumps as they are not suitable for exteranal use IMO.
New 6000 is under $100 with just a trans former going in the 30-40 range last I checked.
I still don't hate my Jeboas,but I own enough of them that if they crap out I will let all know!

You think that skimmer needs more then 1500GPH?

My jeboa upgrade doubles the blueline recommendation for my skimmer,but can be electronically controlled also.

I broke down and bought a long reach mangano wand. After trying chemicals, laser and brute force. This seems to work well. You spear the anemone and push the button. They seem to really hate it, so much they decompose and die. With the long reach it may work for the gym aquarium Doug.

He's breaking that tank down Greg. I told him I was getting out of the hobby completely, at least for a while, and he said if I wasn't taking care of the tank he's gonna get rid of it. I imagine I'll be in charge of that sell off along with my own.

He's breaking that tank down Greg. I told him I was getting out of the hobby completely, at least for a while, and he said if I wasn't taking care of the tank he's gonna get rid of it. I imagine I'll be in charge of that sell off along with my own.

Why ? Seriously ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yep. The usual reasons- expense, time, and the plethora of total pricks associated with this hobby are enough to turn me off. Plus, I've been getting back into guns lately. Gonna buy a nice AR and pay for my trip with the proceeds.

Back
Top Bottom