300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bought a new red headed wrasse and four more tuxedo urchins today. I now have about 8 of these urchins and they are very cool.

They are all downstairs in the frag tanks. Unless the trigger figures out how to climb stairs, they are safe. I have little doubt they would become snacks to the trigger.

They are all downstairs in the frag tanks. Unless the trigger figures out how to climb stairs, they are safe. I have little doubt they would become snacks to the trigger.

Lol.... He'll find a way!!!!
Ps... Any special lighting fir urchins?

Last edited:
I like my tuxedo urchin too but it tends to knock stuff around lol. Steals frags if not secured lol.

No. The three yellows were added about 10 years ago. The sailfin about four years ago, the kole about three years ago and the hippo a year ago. I have a clown tang growing up in the frag tank. They spar now and again but no one gets hurt.

But I do the following:

They have lots of swimming room and room to escape if a tiff breaks out.

I keep them all very well fed, lowers aggression.

They have several sleeping caves and places to meditate, if fish meditate.

Ok cool thank I am doing a 240 gallon reef and I want it to be exactly like yours someday.

Sorry for all the questions! Haha but how many corals can I introduce at one time?

I would do it pretty much one at a time. Allows you to keep it simpler. Too many and crazy stuff can start to happen. Also get a feel for what can co-exist and which corals need room around them.

I would do it pretty much one at a time. Allows you to keep it simpler. Too many and crazy stuff can start to happen. Also get a feel for what can co-exist and which corals need room around them.

But one at a time is sooooo slow :banghead:

It just sucks that one at a time is good advice :)

Just bought a GFI water meter. With this, I can remove exactly as much water as I want to for a water change without dumping it into buckets to measure it. I do 40 gallons at a time. This should allow me to eliminate the old water dump barrel as I can now dump the old saltwater down the drain. And know how much I have dumped.

Just bought a GFI water meter. With this, I can remove exactly as much water as I want to for a water change without dumping it into buckets to measure it. I do 40 gallons at a time. This should allow me to eliminate the old water dump barrel as I can now dump the old saltwater down the drain. And know how much I have dumped.

Nice pick up. Bet that wasn't a cheap gadget. :p

Back
Top Bottom