300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have also had luck with Acans in partial/low light. That would be my #1 choice if possible, besides sun corals if your willing to feed them. Acans are a fav of mine.

My fat clown fish decided the leather was a good host. The leather disagreed and began to pout.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It will eventually take up the space! I hear you on the sponge, I tried to keep one and just simply didn't understand at the time. Not sure if I'd try again or not. I'll think it over some more over a root canal and morning coffee.

Jelly. Lol no office tank in my truck.

Greg, have you seen the stuff Hikari is putting out for coral food? I read a small article about it today and was really thinking about it helping keep sun coral and the like.

No, I have gotten to the point that any filter feeders I have had better be able to take care of themselves. I like sun corals, but they take some effort to keep alive and my schedule isn't going to give me enough time to do them justice. That food looks interesting. I used Reef Chili for a while and didn't see any measurable results.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yeah, I don't think feeding is a good idea...ends up in issues or crashes unless you are really good at it. But I would really like to use that stuff on the sun corals in the more concentrated form. But man, really cool concept. If I would do one thing, it would be to sit down and come up with neat ideas for the hobby. If only Ecotech was closer to me!

The truck bounces too much or I'd have a beta :) at least

I've been using reef energy but I found less than 2 ml 2 times a week is enough to keep everything happy in my tank and not result in a crazy cyano outbrake. My tank has never been so happy I finally learned what it takes to keep everything properly fed.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey Greg how quickly do you got thru alk mag and calcium? IV been chewing the alk in my tank. And what do you use to dose?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I add very little mag. I dose both calcium and kalkwasser/vinegar solution as well as a sodium carbonate solution for alk. I only use about 50ml of each per day. I found a inexpensive three channel doser from China that works fine. I had old reconditioned medical dosers before that.

Back
Top Bottom