300 gallon "Outside Corner" Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have it documented on my Reefkeeper system. PH on my old tank is 7.8 - 8.0 with house windows closed and air conditioning on. It goes to 8.2 - 8.4 within hours of opening the windows and stays there. Just shows what a huge effect C02 buildup in the home is to the reef.

Nothing says delicious quite like a bag of smelly vomit looking food :lol:

What did you throw in that concoction?

Yum...

Calamari
Muscles
Octopus
Shrimp and
Talapia

A dash of vita chem
Another dash of garlic extract.

If my fish had acrylic cutters they would have swarmed me as I made this delicious meal.

Sounds like a fine meal to me. I think my clowns would eat my entire feeding tube including my hand and part of my arm to get at that.

After three years my green leather coral has decided to grow like crazy. Nothing has changed other than it making its "mind" up to grow.

From a tiny 1" frag it took about two years to get to the first picture. Second picture is today 4 months later. Polyps grow exponentially, so it's really putting on some growth. But it took its sweet time.

Attachments

• image-501249782.jpg
    image-501249782.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 196
  • image-3158642175.jpg
    image-3158642175.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 182
Yum...

Calamari
Muscles
Octopus
Shrimp and
Talapia

A dash of vita chem
Another dash of garlic extract.

If my fish had acrylic cutters they would have swarmed me as I made this delicious meal.

did you get these foods anywhere special? I've thought about doing this. there is an oriental market pretty close to me with these in their fresh seafood section.

I use to use all fresh, but that became a big pain, so several years ago I tried buying a frozen seafood feast that has tons of stuff in it, but no spices or anything. I chop that up still frozen, then I add fresh talapia diced up. It all gets frozen anyway and it's much easier buying an assortment already frozen. Just be sure it hasn't any additives. Just protein. The fresh fish soaks up the vitamins and it also acts as a binder that hold the food together.

I'm getting really close to brewing up another batch for myself..... It's actually kind of fun to do and it saves you so much money in the long run.,...one great benefit that I like is that you can tailor the ingredients to what ever fish you have in your tank.
About the only difference that I do is to add a little zoa to the mixture for a little extra protein,...I usually fill some 4"X4" ziplock bags just until it's full and freeze it flat,...come feeding time you simply break or cut off a corner and refreeze the rest.

That's what I do to. When I have zoa, I add a dash. I use to add algae flakes, but with all the veggies I'm feeding, thought it would be overkill.

No. I guess the bathtub. It would be possible to move some to the frag systems and the rest to buckets. Why? Your blowing my karma man. I'm knocking on wood and everything...

What a nightmare! ;-)

Last edited:
Feeding daily a lot of food. System is handling it. Skimmer is really putting out. Phosphate measures just .07ppm, which is all the higher I want it. Nitrite is undetectable and nitrate is also almost zero. Calcium is 520, and alk is 9.7. Mag is 1200. Harvested a 5 gallon bucket of chaeto from the scrubber. Rinsed thousands of pods from it. The fish are obese and will need scooters to run around in soon.

Last edited:
No. I guess the bathtub. It would be possible to move some to the frag systems and the rest to buckets. Why? Your blowing my karma man. I'm knocking on wood and everything...

What a nightmare! ;-)

Hehe I like to be prepared for the worst case scenario. I had my 29g shatter a few years back so its made me paranoid :D

I can't get the cheato to grow
all the other macros grow like weeds

It has to do with the amount of flow and available nutrients. I read an article once on the differences between the common macro algaes and it explained everything very well. My chaeto doesn't grow at all either but I'm harvesting a pound of grape caulerpa every month and a half out of my 30g system.

Back
Top Bottom