30g tank build starting soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasonr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so plan on starting a 30g tank soon. starting to piece all the equipment together slowly but surely. just bought the tank from a friend, and it's a 30g long tank; 36". it has no hood or canopy and my first question is what are some options I can do for this? I really don't mind having an open setup, would just like to close it off though to keep anything out. found a good price on a 36" metal halide light so might be using this and possibly a plexiglass cover.

Thats what I did when I got my light fixture. Most people just leave it open but I had too much evap. I would go with an all glass cover though because metal halides get really hot.

Hi there. :)

Not sure I would go with a plastic or any cover for that matter if you go with the halides. I have the same dilemma now myself. lol I would err on the side of caution. the last thing you want is a melted or even worse, shattered top.

very true I forgot how hot the halides can get. yea the main thing I was worried about was the amount of evap.

any comments on these CPR bakpaks? was looking at some mainly because it's a reasonable price and also HOB and protein skimmer in one.

Back
Top Bottom