32G Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you cycle the tank?

The fluval 205 is from an established tank so no i didn't cycle. I tested water about an hour ago and its perfect. I'm letting the tank run for about a week or two before i add my actual stock just so some bacteria grows on the gravel, decorations and AC50.

I'm planning on making a trip to my LFS for my plants this thursday. HOPEFULLY they have what i'm looking for but then again my list consists of pretty basic plants.

Oscarr19 said:
The fluval 205 is from an established tank so no i didn't cycle. I tested water about an hour ago and its perfect. I'm letting the tank run for about a week or two before i add my actual stock just so some bacteria grows on the gravel, decorations and AC50.

I'm planning on making a trip to my LFS for my plants this thursday. HOPEFULLY they have what i'm looking for but then again my list consists of pretty basic plants.

Ok no worries, you're very lucky to get an established filter. I will be following along, nice job

Deckape said:
Ok no worries, you're very lucky to get an established filter. I will be following along, nice job

The link in my signature will answer any questions about the nitrogen cycle you may have before you get fish.

Your tank looks great! Glad you have a plan im still thinking about whats going in my 55 gal haha. Ill be following and hopefully you will follow mine:)

what lighting are you going to use for growing your plants? If you let moss grow on your driftwood, it would look really nice, and maybe even like a tree! lol good luck

I'm going to use the stock lights. I'm not planning on adding to many plants and only low to medium light plants.

Ok just tested water everything is perfect. pH of around 7.2.

Today i might finally get the plants just undecided whether to get silk ones or real. Might also get some rocks and slate for the rams.

Got some plants! I'm a little bit worried about lighting but i've done planted in a 5G with a 6W. Got 40W on the 32G. Might add one more plant. Heres a picture!

If i get rock what can i do to decontaminate it? Can i break a bigger piece of slate and place it in my tank? In the empty spot on the right i want to take 2 small rocks and put a piece of slate on top of them to make a cave for the rams.

img_1462995_0_32e47a5e5be2ee3c2a19f83a7f29a874.jpg

Last edited:
Were you going to add a background? The wood is beautiful. Maybe put taller plant behind the tallest part of the drift wood, then maybe java moss attatched to either the rocks or even tied to the driftwood would be pretty. I'd go with a simple background so not to lose the beauty of the wood. Planning any airstones? along the back wall may be nice. Fun to plan huh?

Rock cave would be great but unsure how you clean an existing rock (s). Leave it to the experts at this site. They will safely direct you.

What are the dimensions of this tank? I am thinking I want a 29 H or a bowfront. Hoping dimensions similar to my 20 gallon- just taller-same footprint so I can use same stand.

Yea i've got a background but its saltwater :p might get a background full of plants or a simple blue or black one.

The tank is 31.5''x14''x18''

Your tank looks awesome:) Mines so dull compared to yours. Lol. Good luck with keeping your plants alive I'm sure they will be fine. Oh and I remember you wanted to start a nano tank to and I found out you don't have to have live rock just wanted to tell you not sure if you knew already just thought I'd let ya know:)

Haha thanks KOF! For the nano I'm just gonna get base rock. It'll take 2 months to cycle but wtv it's better than getting a bunch of parasites.

Your welcome:) I was also thinking about getting base rock to but i dont think I wanna wait that long to get it set up haha

Back
Top Bottom