32G Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've read that Angels and B.Rams. can go well together generally, but it all depends on the personality of each individual fish.

Got some fish!! :D

I'm acclimating now. I got 8 penguin tetras, 6 leopard cories and 3 otos. I finally made my mind up and got the penguin tetras. I like the look of the black stripe going down all the way to their fin. Also i found out that the fish store i got these from also has bolivian rams and baby keyholes. Yay! So next week i'll be picking up the rams, angel and keyhole. Seeing as the keyholes are peaceful and a little timid i might pick up two of them. I'll also be getting the rocks for the cave and maybe a few more plants. Pictures will be up after acclimation.

Test your ammonia and nitrIte levels every day for the foreseeable future. Make sure you have a bottle of Seachem Prime water conditioner and be prepared to do water changes if your ammo or no2 climbs to .25. I personally believe you added too many fish at once...and you're going to have toxin spikes. Here's a guide to follow-
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/artic...g-but-I-already-have-fish-What-now/Page2.html

we'll see. I'll be ready for any water changes and will test the water daily and maybe twice daily. In my lifetime this is i think my 5th or 6th aquarium so i think i can handle the extra work if any.

Here are some pics of the little guys!
img_1479246_0_979beb17eacdeb2f26ac36c2f7220376.jpg
img_1479246_1_2d7cf514e074da8c888398d5a34d7b4a.jpg
img_1479246_2_2c13e3ec15522b6daa405bd1729e7a12.jpg
img_1479246_3_c0b83f70fbb88d993d48ccae23614ca9.jpg
img_1479246_4_734d1eb244f4d349be5af1000ca8f10f.jpg
img_1479246_5_2b7866605d0a464bed20a45d4ca4d12e.jpg

Update!

Ok so about 15Hrs later and all fish are doing fine. I just tested the water and everything checked out fine. The otos are doing great. Saw one nibbling on an algae wafer earlier today. The tetras are schooling on the left side of the tank and the cories are just doing their thing. Next week i should be starting to finish this project. I will be getting the angel, bolivian ram, and keyhole cichlid. I might get 2 keyholes though but i'm not sure. I'll also be getting some rocks and i really want a few more plants in the tank. Also before school starts i'll be looking into raising the amount of otos i have.

The penguins are quite attractive. I hope your stock works out well. I like that you put up the pictures too.:)

Ok so I'm thinking of changing my 5G tanks substrate to pool filter sand now. Since you can't really get a small bag of sand should I switch out my 32G aswell? I think it would benefit the cories, otos an plants. Opinions please! Oh and I wouldn't switch it out right away. I'd wait until end august so that most of my plants and driftwood would have sone BB on it. At this point though I would have all my fish.

Update!

Ok so i've decided to change the substrate to pool filter sand! I won't be able to do this until monday though. I figure since i'm going for more of a planted tank it'll be better and i figure it'll be better for the cories. I won't be adding the angels and cichlids for another week though. So monday i get to work! Also i found some rocks and decided to silicone them together instead of buying rocks at the lfs. I just boiled them so monday i'll do that too and update with pictures. I really hope people are still following along!

I'm still following ( hope your still following mine lol) but I love your plans your tank is gonna look amazing:) great job

I thought i should bring this thread back to life :) I'm currently looking for a new home for the serpaes and minnows and I am finally changing my substrate to pool filter sand this weekend AND i'm ordering a new T5HO light fixture. I've decided to go the planted tank route. I won't be using CO2 unless i get algae problems but i'm only going for low-medium light plants anyway. Plants and all will be ordered this weekend too. Since i've decided to make a planted tank i made a new thread and you can view it here: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/oscarr19s-32g-planted-aquarium-164335.html

Not much else has changed other than adding a single male honey gourami to my stock.

Oh and for those interested i'm also changing my 5G betta/shrimp tank into a low light planted too. You can view the thread for that in my sig. Thanks to all those who are still reading :)

Back
Top Bottom