36 gal bow front se conversion help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

busymom23

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, I have a 36 bow front that housed 2 fancy goldfish until they passed, now it's empty and I was looking at possibly converting it to a saltwater tank. I've read the tips article and understand a lil more, but wanting to know from more from everyday saltwater people. I want to know how I can and what I need to convert it to saltwater. How much maintenance is needed daily/weekly? I don't plan on running out and getting stuff to "just set it up". I'm reading and learning and go from there. I want to fully understand how to do water changes, how to set up everything before hand. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oops! Sw not se...sorry..

I guess the first decision is fowler or reef! This will determine lighting needs and water quality! A sump is not a must , but I highly recommend having one. It will help with water quality and help get equipment out of sight!

Thanks for responding! I think we're going to do fish only as corals seem complicated....with it being a first saltwater tank I think I'd have more success without corals.
I've read that most saltwater tanks have a sump and plan on having one...how often do you clean your sump? And what all is good filtration in a saltwater sump?

More rock in the sump is the best filtration ! Set up the sump with rock in it and allow it to cycle with the main display tank!

Back
Top Bottom