36 gallon bow front stocking options.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vinniethethumb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My 36 bow front tank is stocked with

6 red eye tetras
2 dalmatian mollies
2 platies
3 green corys

I'm not sure how much more I can add. I'm afraid of over stocking. I would like to add one or two pearl gouramis, one or two creamsicle mollies, 6 neon tetras
and a couple bamboo shrimp.

that sounds like a lot to me any advice would be helpful. thanks.

You still have room add more Cory's for sure they need large groups I recommend adding 5 more. I think you could also add a dwarf gourami it would fit better than a pearl with your stock. I wouldn't add mollies but you could do the neon tetras I highly suggest cardinals instead though larger and less prone to disease. That would put you at

1- Dwarf Gourami
2- Mollies
2- Platys
6- Neon Tetra
6- Red Eye Tetra
8- Corys

Sounds like a plan to me:)

You still have room add more Cory's for sure they need large groups I recommend adding 5 more. I think you could also add a dwarf gourami it would fit better than a pearl with your stock. I wouldn't add mollies but you could do the neon tetras I highly suggest cardinals instead though larger and less prone to disease. That would put you at

1- Dwarf Gourami
2- Mollies
2- Platys
6- Neon Tetra
6- Red Eye Tetra
8- Corys

Sounds like a plan to me:)

This sounds good, but you should take the number of corys down to 4. Remember that green corys are actually not corydoras but are brochis splendens, and they grow to over 4 inches.

My bad I was thinking of bronze Cory's they are sometimes referred to as green Cory's around here. But yes if they are emerald green only get 4.

thanks for the responses. Why the dwarf rather than the pearl? Is it a size issue or a temperament thing or just personal preference. why not mollies?

and do bamboo shrimp count against the amount of fish you should have in the tank? forgive me if these are dumb questions I'm still new at this.

It's a size thing with the dwarf gourami it count as less bioload. The mollies are big and will really limit you like the 4 mollies equal like 10 small tetras as far as bioload goes. So if you want 2 mollies no neon tetras. The shrimp count the large ones like bamboos do I wouldn't add them because they require Heaney filtration to feed properly and might get picked on by mollies and the gourami.

It's a size thing with the dwarf gourami it count as less bioload. The mollies are big and will really limit you like the 4 mollies equal like 10 small tetras as far as bioload goes. So if you want 2 mollies no neon tetras. The shrimp count the large ones like bamboos do I wouldn't add them because they require Heaney filtration to feed properly and might get picked on by mollies and the gourami.

I agree with this but honestly 4 mollies equals like 20 neon tetras, if not more.

That's probably true haha I had cardinal tetras in my mind not neons but even then I guess cardinal tetras it would equal like 10-15 lol.

Back
Top Bottom