36 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUEaquarium06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So i want this 36 gal to be cycled literally imediatly. so heres how i plan to do that and i want to make sure its correct. Im going to hook up my sunsun canister filter from my 100 gal to it and also take the 30+ gallons out of the 100 gal. its going to be new sand and possibly some small plants and thats it in the tank. The tank needs to be cycled because im moving about 15 fry home from college and thats the only place they can go, so im picking up the tank on the way and setting it up and putting them in hopefully if everyone agrees

What's happening to the 100g once you move the filter over from it to the 36g? Do you have a second filter running back on the 100g? Also, you'll want to put some sort of filter intake pre-filter in place to avoid having the fry sucked up. Pantyhose or a sponge cover over the intake are both good options.

Other than that, your plan sounds fine. Fry don't have that large of bio-loads, so they should only need minimal filtration at the start.

What's happening to the 100g once you move the filter over from it to the 36g? Do you have a second filter running back on the 100g? Also, you'll want to put some sort of filter intake pre-filter in place to avoid having the fry sucked up. Pantyhose or a sponge cover over the intake are both good options.

Other than that, your plan sounds fine. Fry don't have that large of bio-loads, so they should only need minimal filtration at the start.

The 100 gal has 2 of the sunsun canisters, im only taking one and leaving it with 1 till the HOB in the 36 is good, and i think the fry may be large enough so they dont need a cover, i mean i could do it without much trouble so i might as well

A single sunsun canister should be okay on the 100g in the short term, but like I said, you're kind of going overkill on filtering the 36 for fry. It'll work, but you could also just take a biomedia bag from one of the canisters and add it to the HOB filter in the 36g. This will help populate the HOB media faster and not cause you to sacrifice so much filtration on the 100g.

Either way will work though.

Back
Top Bottom