37G - two angels and ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joannde

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just bought a 37G to replace the 20Long that wasn't even set up yet (serious MTS ! I'm upgrading before I even get the original tank established LOL).
I'm definitely without a doubt going to have angels in that tank and to avoid long term rehousing issues I'm going with two (no intention of breeding).
I'm going to plant the tank -low tech, low light. I will probably do a fairly heavily plant scheme.
I'd like to put a largish school of .... something ... in there. Something colorful and bright.
I THINK (and need confirmation) that cardinal tetras are ok with angels. The other thing I've thought of are (don't laugh) glofish, even tho they're sort of "tacky" - in my imagination the flashes of neon color between the plants seems quite interesting.
Any other thoughts / suggestions ?

Cardinals should be fine.

Don't say glo-fish are tacky!...that's my tank. :) I had two angels (one sadly died--never grew or ate as well as the other) and a school of mixed transgenic and longfined danios. I love it personally. (It is planted).

How about some dwarf cichlids? Cuckatoos and Rams both have nice colors and get along well with angels... For the school, maybe Lemon Tetras? They're one of the coolest imo, I love their shiny silver bodies with that bright yellow finnage.

joannde said:
FishNFries - could you post a photo of your tank ? I'd love to see it

I can't for the life of me get a picture I'm willing to post. Danios are freakin' hard to photo--they won't stay still! And my digital camera just doesn't have the response time. I've lots of pictures if you want to see the slow moving fish...but I'm assuming it's the danios in question. Sorry. :(

LOL F'n'F - understand ! It was the danios I wanted to see - but now that the cockatoos have been mentioned I think I'm going with 2 angels, 2 cockatoos and 6 - 10 (or more if I can) cardinal tetras - its gonna be an awesome tank ..... assuming I can keep the algae away on this one (but thats the other subforum ! LOL)

What is a cuckatoo? I tried to google it but can't find anything (aside from the bird of course)

2 angels is almost a full 37 gallon lol they get pretty big! I wouldn't put anymore angels though, just smaller fish, it'll be ok as long as you keep the tnak in great condition

Back
Top Bottom