3g JBJ pico reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yet another build thread! I will be doing a softie reef with some invertebrates. I am going to be ordering all the stuff off dr. Fosters & smith tommarow. Heres what im gonna be getting:
-3g JBJ picotope tank
-hydor theo 25W heater
-coralife electical thermometer
-5oz chemi-pure
It is supposed to come in 3-4 days so not to long.
I will be adding LR and media from another tank, and getting 5lbs of live sand.

Stocking ideas are-
1 skunk cleaner shrimp
2-3 dwarf zebra hermits
1 margarita snail
1 red legged hermit
1 scarlet reef hermit
1 nassarius snail

Here are the corals i will be adding-
Some ricordea mushrooms fragged from my 37g
Zoanthids
Kenya tree
Clove polyps

I will also be adding a HOB refugium with some live rock rubble and chaeto. Im thinking .4g wc will be enough weekly? What do you guys think?

Sounds like a good supply list! I'm doing 0.5 gallons per week, btw.

Sounds like a good supply list! I'm doing 0.5 gallons per week, btw.

My wcs will vary, i will be useing the water from my 20 as it doesnt have any corals but i still use reef crystals on it as i have 600 gallons worth of it. So i guess it wont have as many toxic compounds produced my coral.

Looks good. Where did you get it originally? (Fiji, aquacultured, etc.)

Everything is on its way! Judt checked out and bought it all. Gonna be here in 5-9 days. Free shipping!

Everything is on its way! Judt checked out and bought it all. Gonna be here in 5-9 days. Free shipping!

Just so you know, my shipment from them only took three days, and I'm ~200 miles from their warehouse (their free shipping can be pretty fast!)

Any cool, reef safe inverts i could try? Besides sexy shrimps.

I was recommended from a friend to keep a couple nerites, a nassarius, a sexy shrimp, and a reef hermit or two (I was inspired by his tank, also a JBJ picotope. He has that exact cuc, and it works really well when combined with weekly water changes.)

If you buy frags regularly you can use the bag water for water changes, easier than mixing .4 of a gallon.

If you buy frags regularly you can use the bag water for water changes, easier than mixing .4 of a gallon.

I will just take a scoop out of the tank itself and replace with a scoop feom my 20, i will be filling the 3g with water from the 20 anyway.

I was recommended from a friend to keep a couple nerites, a nassarius, a sexy shrimp, and a reef hermit or two (I was inspired by his tank, also a JBJ picotope. He has that exact cuc, and it works really well when combined with weekly water changes.)

I was thinking-
1 cleaner shrimp
1 nassarius snail
1 margarita snail
2 dwarf zebra hermits
3 red legged hermits
1 scarlet reef hermit
1 caribbean porcelain crab
And a intresting invertebrate, maybe a pom pom crab. Are they safe with soft corals? Anyone know?

Really looking forward to this build man :) btw are you planning on upgrading the lights? I haven't decided for mine yet... for now all I'm keeping will be softies, and I've heard that the stock lights are sufficient for this.

I was thinking-
1 cleaner shrimp
1 nassarius snail
1 margarita snail
2 dwarf zebra hermits
3 red legged hermits
1 scarlet reef hermit
1 caribbean porcelain crab
And a intresting invertebrate, maybe a pom pom crab. Are they safe with soft corals? Anyone know?

Perfectly safe. I had one in my 10 when I had it setup. They're awesome little guys.

Perfectly safe. I had one in my 10 when I had it setup. They're awesome little guys.

Alright cool, this is perfect because my LFS just got a shipment of 30!!! Little hold back guys, my baby starry blenny in my 20 came down with gill flukes and now my tanks infested, set up the QT and that took a while and some extra $$$ for some add ons i hadnt had on it last time.

Stuff should be here in 3-4 days, the lady from DR. F & S said they havent been too buisey right now so i should get it sooner than the 5-9 day economy shipping.

Really looking forward to this build man :) btw are you planning on upgrading the lights? I haven't decided for mine yet... for now all I'm keeping will be softies, and I've heard that the stock lights are sufficient for this.

I started a thread on it and mr. X and bribo said ok for zoas and mushrooms and thats all i want so to answer your Q, no. I wont be upgrading lights. Too expensive with all my other tanks in the mix also.

Back
Top Bottom