4 gal nano reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dctpevrythng

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
4 gallon Nuvo Pico. My first attempt at saltwater. I'm looking for a small aquarium circulator that won't be aggressive on the coral, any suggestions?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389401134.306132.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389401173.021520.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389401187.305100.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389401204.322267.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389401225.825072.jpg

You can either upgrade your return pump or look into a korelia nano 240 power head

Looks like you're off to a good start! For the powerhead I can tell you what not to buy haha. The koralia pico 180 is horrible. I got two, both rattled off and on for no apparent reason, and the mount (which is magnetic so that's nice for a powerhead that small) is the thinnest most flimsy piece of plastic ever, its a joke. It hardly holds onto the pump even before you accidentally snap it, which you will lol

I appreciate the input. I tried getting a hydor deflector to see how that works, but it seems to slow the flow down and it he size of the thing was a bit awkward looking for my little tank.

I appreciate the input. I tried getting a hydor deflector to see how that works, but it seems to slow the flow down and it he size of the thing was a bit awkward looking for my little tank.

I'd try and upgrade the return if I could to get the extra flow. Anything in a tank that small will look big

What system is that and is it for sale online?

The system is made by Innovative Marine, the model is a Nuvo Pico 4. You can get it online for $150. Everything is stock, the coral and inverts love the light this things puts out. It's a pretty slick looking tank.

Back
Top Bottom