4 month old tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you use a cApful or a cUpful of prime? The spelling makes a difference. A cUpful will kill them because it will bind the oxygen in the tank just like it binds the chloramine.

oh ok i wont feed them to much but im curious will the wafers screw up the balance of the tank or will the cats eat them slowly as the day goes on to profent that

Well at the moment your tank isn't balanced, so any food left unbeaten is going to be a problem. Your fish will die from poor water conditions long before they starve to death, so focus on getting ammonia and nitrites to 0.

Well at the moment your tank isn't balanced, so any food left unbeaten is going to be a problem. Your fish will die from poor water conditions long before they starve to death, so focus on getting ammonia and nitrites to 0.

Unbeaten? Wtf? I used to be able to speak English before I found this forum. Lol

Did you use a cApful or a cUpful of prime? The spelling makes a difference. A cUpful will kill them because it will bind the oxygen in the tank just like it binds the chloramine.
capfull the lid of the prime bottle i use

oh ok i will suck it up after work tonight as i change the water then

That is probably still too much prime. Prime is very potent stuff. You shouldn't need capfuls at a time for a 20 gallon. I would get a dropper and do drops. Probably 40 - 50 drops would do. Or maybe you can measure out about 2 ml.

That is probably still too much prime. Prime is very potent stuff. You shouldn't need capfuls at a time for a 20 gallon. I would get a dropper and do drops. Probably 40 - 50 drops would do. Or maybe you can measure out about 2 ml.

I agree with this. I use a capful on my 55g ONLY when I do a very large water change. It says on the bottle that a capful treats 50g.

If you are only putting back in say 5 gallons I would say to put 10 - 15 drops in the 5 gallons before putting it in tank

I agree with this. I use a capful on my 55g ONLY when I do a very large water change. It says on the bottle that a capful treats 50g.

I think the poster is using the stronger dose to detoxify the ammonia. I haven't used prime in a while so I don't remember the dosages.

Yeh I think he was but now his ammonia is almost down to Zero. I would find like a medicine dropper thing. Just one that you can stick in your bottle and suck some prime up and count drops with. It should Make your money go farther in the prime too.

So if you added 10 gallons during the pwc (50% pwc) then 1 ml should be good. Also 1ml = 20-25 drops. So that's the same rule as what I go by which is 2-3 drops per gallon. It's up to you though.

ForumRunner_20130414_104636.jpg

this pic was taken before my glofish died rip anyways there is a plant behind the treaser chest i been emptying water out to thw tip of that plant how many gallons is that

oh wait i forgot that is a 20 gallon high. That is probably about 6 - 8 gallons of water then. I would use about 22 drops of prime. ( or 1 ml )

Back
Top Bottom