4 RAMS in 10g ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rohitp78

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello Guys

Can i put in 4 RAMS with 2 dwarf rainbow tetra, 2 guppies in 10g? I already have 2 rams and am planning to buy 2 more. Will this be ok? or you think my aquirium will be small as these are territorial fish?

Please Advice...

Are your two rams a pair???

I would say only one pair of rams should be in a 10 gallon. If you don't have a pair yet and want to add more to get a pair....then you could probably get away with it temporarily but I wouldn't do it long term.

Same over here, don't keep more than one pair of Rams in a 10gal.

I'd rather add a few more tetras to get a little school. Maybe about 2 more of them, but not much more. Are your guppies male and female? Then they will be getting more all by themselves soon enough anyway. Remember, that your space in a 10gal is limited and it's dangerous to add to many fish and produce an overload.

I am not 100% sure though i got them as a pair. I am attaching a image of both of them. Can you identify them?

Male Pics in this post. Femals pics in next post
Thanks...

Attachments

• ram-male.jpg
    ram-male.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 40
  • ram-male2.jpg
    ram-male2.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 34
Female Pictures...

Attachments

• ram-female.jpg
    ram-female.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 23
  • ram-female2.jpg
    ram-female2.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 29
The pics are a little blurry, but looks like male and female to me. Does the female have a little pink coloration on her belly?

How do they get along together? Do they swim together every now and then? If yes, then they've probably paired up.

I have a pair, that is breeding right now, they laid eggs yesterday evening. (For further info on this look at the breeding forum)

How about your guppies, are they male and female?

Guppies are both male.
Only sometimes Rams swim together, other times the male ram pushes the female away...

Thanks!!!

Thanks for your help . I will settle for 2 Rams, probably will add some neon tetras.

I can't truly be positive of the Rams' sexing. The females black spot should have blue specks and it appears that they both have them. The same is true of the dorsal fin...both appear to be similar.

Rams require very good water quality or they will not survive very long at all.

Keeping a 10Gal tank tip top is hard work. I'd recommend you look for much hardier fish.

If you buy a different kind of tetra, they will not school with the others. I would prefer a couple more of the tetras you've already got, they will feel better and safer with more company (that's why they naturally school).

If they are both females. Can i get one male for these 2 females?? or i should just keep 2 females?

Back
Top Bottom