40 gallon breeder on a 75 gallon stand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gailavira

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Got a question and I'm really hoping somewhere here can help me. I went to the store today expecting to get a 29g since I had a sturdy desk it could sit on til I could get a better stand. They were out, so I went with the 40g breeder. Unfortunately I don't have any sturdy furniture to put it on and a stand just isn't in my budget right now. I'd like to wait til I can get a stand to put it on, but with 2 fantail goldfish in a 10g tank right now, that isn't really an option. I need to get them into something bigger as soon as possible.

I do have the stand for my old 75g tank in the garage still. It's one of the metal frame stands with only a frame around the edge for the tank to sit on. If I were to put a piece of thick wood (not particle board, but real wood) over the 75g stand, would it be safe to put the 40g breeder tank on it? There is no center brace on the top of the stand, so I don't know if that would be a problem or not.

Any other advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated as well.

Should be ok with 2 layers of 3/4" plywood on there, you can get a 2" rip or pine to band the exposed edges and paint it all black with rustoleum gloss.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks Brookster. I thought it would work, but I just wanted to be sure. Didn't want to end up with with that kind of a mess, and dead fish on top of it if I was wrong.

54seaweed, I wish I could build one. Unfortunately I don't have the skill to make one myself.

Back
Top Bottom