40 gallon cube tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snuffy Smith

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi all...maybe this is dumb question but i have to know in order get this tank set up :).I was given this tank and stand few years ago and finally have a place to set it up. it is a 40 gallon cube tank with stand..no top or lights or anything. Ive had freshwater fish for yeas until about 4 years ago and due to living situation had to get rid of my tanks. Ive always used over the back filters with great success (30gallon and 75gallon tanks). this new tank...or new to me....has what appears to be 3 chambers in the back portion of the tank. It is not a drilled tank. i am assuming it is for some kind of canister filtration but I'm not sure. if so could anyone recommend what I may need to get or should i cut this area out and go with old faithful aquaclear over the back filtration?

Thank you for any help

Snuffy

I'm pretty sure those are built in sumps. Is this a fresh or saltwater tank?

used to be a saltwater seahorse tank tank...i was going to use for freshwater

Found out it the tank is a Current Solana Superbrite frameless aquarium...with built in sump.... Now to figure out the sump thingy..... Try to find out what all is needed

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom