40 gallon stocking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willest

Aquarium Advice Newbie
whatsup everybody! (y)
ive had my tank for over 6months now and finally decide to join the forums!
but hey i was wondering how many more fishes would i be able to fit into my 40 gal without over stocking?

9 cardinal teras
2 germanblueram
1 dwarf gourami
1 female betta
1 cherry barb (new)
5 albino cory

please recommend anything to me! what fish i should add, what i could change.. all my fishes has been together for months without any aggression

thanks guys! :thanks:

whatsup everybody! (y)
ive had my tank for over 6months now and finally decide to join the forums!
but hey i was wondering how many more fishes would i be able to fit into my 40 gal without over stocking?

9 cardinal teras
2 germanblueram
1 dwarf gourami
1 female betta
1 cherry barb (new)
5 albino cory

please recommend anything to me! what fish i should add, what i could change.. all my fishes has been together for months without any aggression

thanks guys! :thanks:

First, :welcome: !

I think you have plenty of room to play with. I'd leave the cardinal tetras as they are, then add eight more cherry barbs, so you have two nice schools of small, colorful fish.

The corys (cories?) I'd bring up to 7; they're happier in groups, and five is a minimum.

I'm a little concerned about the Rams -- they typically like temps from 80-84, while the other fish like it more in the 70s. What temp do you keep your tank?

Also, what kind of filtration do you have on it?

Well I've talked to the local shops whose also a friend he said I wouldn't have to worry about the temperature since we love in hawaii and its always in the 80s. But if that's something I should be concerned about ill get it done tomorrow!

I'm using a aqua clear 110

Well I've talked to the local shops whose also a friend he said I wouldn't have to worry about the temperature since we love in hawaii and its always in the 80s. But if that's something I should be concerned about ill get it done tomorrow!

Oh, I didn't know you're Hawaii. No, I shouldn't think you'd have a problem there. :)

I'm using a aqua clear 110

Great filter. (y)

i would only add maybe 1 more fish. keep it understocked. Usually half/third of max capacity. Aquarium health will be improved, and your fish will be more colorful, active, and not as territorial.

Remember, its all about the Water, Water QUality, and How many Gallons of Water space. Everything else is secondary.

Back
Top Bottom